1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Interesting Lacewell quote on Ratliff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by gimmesix, Nov 19, 2013.

1. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

11,845 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    Yes, a traitor. But even a traitor half standards. Most traitors desert for another cause. Ratliff half none.

so instead of labeling him a traitor, just call him for what he was: a greedy slacker. He wanted jerra's money but did not want to work for it.
    :mad:
  2. GimmeTheBall!

11,845 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    I give him 2 games before he pulls up lame again. Probably just the way his body reacts to hard, physical work. But he is delicate. too delicate.

Miles Austin needs to git the heck out of dodge.
    5Stars and dupree89 like this.
  3. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,199 Messages
    728 Likes Received
    MA's salary is part of the problem, he doesn't produce at the level of his current contract. He is "part of the problem" simply bc he isn't a premier WR in this league but is being paid so. Attitude wise, I'm sure he is as "competitive" as the culture has allowed him to be. He is part of the reason for cap issues and our inability to land outside help on the OL/DL. Part of the problem.
  4. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

2,933 Messages
    766 Likes Received
    How do you feel about Sean Lee?
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,148 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    Are you saying we really need him because Beasley and Harris aren't good enough in the slot? Williams will always be lined up outside.. so it comes down to Beasley, Harris, or Miles in the slot. I'm not real big on Miles these days. I don't think the Saints game would have gone any differently on offense if Miles was in there.
  6. Fansince64

Fansince64 Active Member

146 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I don't hate Miles. Am I disappointed he is taking up a roster spot and cap space considering his constant hamstring problems? Of course!!! But that is on our inept GM, not Miles.

I was responding to your post saying you did not remember anything about Miles delaying returning to the huddle at the end of the Baltimore game. If anything, I blame Garrett more, because his job during the clock stoppage before the play was run should have been to emphasize that if the play didn't work, he wanted to save the final TO and everyone needed to rush back to the line of scrimmage in order to clock the ball. I doubt seriously that Opie took that simple proactive step. If he did, then it is strictly on Miles and Ogletree. But even saying that, I was taught in 4th grade football to hustle back after a play was over, especially when time was running out. As far as I am concerned, having 26 seconds and a timeout and only managing to run one play is a display of monumental incompetence on everyone involved.

So, I don't hate Miles. Now - Larry "I never met a draft bust I wouldn't trade up to get" Lacewell .... that is a different story!!!

Monte Sliger
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

33,213 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    I don't think so. Williams, if he doesn't start being more consistent, will see his snaps decrease, especially if Miles can come back and start making plays.
  8. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,390 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Fair enough.
  9. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,390 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Very presumptous. I've never heard any inside source challenging his desire to play.
  10. ufcrules1

6,148 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    I'm not so sure of that. Williams is the future and they have tremendous confidence in him. I don't see Miles playing outside much at all. Miles is also toast after this year. I think we see him rotate in and out with Beasley and Harris. But I guess we will see.
  11. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

46,923 Messages
    1,819 Likes Received
    That is a mighty big if my friend.
  12. ABQCOWBOY

33,213 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    Miles was once the future and they had so much confidence in him that they gave him a front loaded contract that paid him 17 Million bucks up front.

As I said earlier, I see Romo looking less and less at Williams over these past few games. Williams has to start catching the easy ones or I think he too could be on the outside looking in.

It's possible Miles could be cut next year but it's also possible that Williams may force the team to keep him. Williams has to show up and start making the plays he should be making. If Miles comes back and finishes the season strong, then it opens the door for the Cowboys to try and renegotiate his deal in order to create cap space and that's not good for Williams. Williams needs to start making plays and stop dropping the ball, stop making mistakes. That's the best way to ensure that Miles is gone and Williams continues to stay on the outside. If not, then I would not count to heavily on Williams and how the Cowboys view him.

I know he's just a rookie but if you have the chance to ensure your future, then you gotta find a way to do that and Williams, he's not been understanding that IMO.
  13. ABQCOWBOY

33,213 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    I don't think so BDC.

In the 1st 7 games of the season, Williams had 28 targets with 24 catches. In the Detroit game, he was targeted 10 times and he only had 2 catches. The next game, he got 7 targets and only 2 catches. The last game, he got 5 targets and only 1 catch. The numbers are slowly regressing. This, at a time when the attention is being focused on stopping Dez. This is when he should be solidifying his spot. Instead, he's regressing.
  14. GimmeTheBall!

11,845 Messages
    381 Likes Received
    Your response is bewildering.

Since when do we require a inside source to state an opinion?
  15. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

2,866 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    This.

Awhile. Means the last nearly 2 decades.

It's just about the money with the Jones' and they are cruising with profits on AT&T Stadium?

This team needs a complete reset from the players and coaches to their salary cap issues.

Fixing all these issues at the same time has to be addressed. Not one at a time.

Jones has tried to fix things piecemeal over the years and as soon as a problem gets worked on a new problem begins to appear.

We need a pro football personality who is stronger than our owner and doesn't need the money but will get paid outrageously if he can come in and turn things around.

Who is that..

I don't know the name but until we do..not much is going to change for us as fans or the team.
  16. ufcrules1

6,148 Messages
    657 Likes Received
    Maybe it isn't just him who is regressing?
  17. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,483 Messages
    134 Likes Received
    .........appears Williams has hit the rookie "wall"
  18. ABQCOWBOY

33,213 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    Perhaps, but the alternatives are Witten, Dez and Romo. Romo is not going to be held to this standard any more or any less then he already is being held. Dez IS the future of this organization so he will not lose playing time. In fact, it will likely be viewed as a situation in which Miles (should he be successful over these last 6 games or so) will help Dez by forcing favorable coverages towards Dez. Witten has a track record with this club and fills such an important place in the offense that he is also not in danger of losing snaps at this point in his career. Williams is the one who will likely suffer if this scenario with Miles plays out favorably. JMO
  19. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Active Member

611 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    Good points but as you may recall Austin was known for a lot of drops early in his career, and to some degree corrected that. Hopefully Williams will given a full year, offseason, and another camp.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

33,213 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    Anything is possible but I think you will agree, it would be better if the Cowboys were in no hurry to get Miles back in the lineup and Williams had that opportunity this year. It's now open to whichever player plays better and that's not good for Williams.