1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Interesting Lacewell quote on Ratliff

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by gimmesix, Nov 19, 2013.

1. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,644 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    Well stated. Still think Williams will improve over time as we need another reliable deep threat when Dez is double covered.
  2. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,425 Messages
    1,603 Likes Received
    I remember. Final seconds, 4th quarter- it was him and Ogletree sauntering back when it was a hurry up situation.

I don't remember the specific game, I don't remember the specific opponent, but I do remember the situation.

My head exploded when I watched it.
    dupree89 likes this.
  3. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,386 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    Yes he's missed a fair amount of games but I think it's a bit of a stretch making that comparison.
  4. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,290 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    Have they been in a hurry? He has been out for 5 games now.
  5. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,290 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    It was the Baltimore game. They threw a slant pass to Dez that barely got them any yardage and instead of trying to run another player(Which they had time to do) they just let the clock run all the way down and then kicked a 51 yard field goal.
    It's possible they didn't have time because Miles and Ogletree were slowly walking back to the huddle. Ogletree is a dumb player, so that his his excuse, Miles didn't have a good excuse. With all of this said, I don't think JG thought about running another play, neither did Romo. If it was Peyton or Brady out there, they would have lined up everyone fast and tried another play to get their kicker closer. This was one of the learning on the job games by JG that pisses everyone off.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,199 Messages
    2,038 Likes Received
    The three games, I'd say no. The last 2 games, I don't think there is any question of it. You don't have Stephen Jones coming out and saying that they will be ready for Miles to come out and make his return and that he's the best route runner on the team if somebody is not watching.
  7. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,459 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    I'm not really sure what you don't get. He calls him a traitor and then infers that he has some information he could say about Ratliff that would cause Ratliff to not speak to him.
  8. Fansince64

Fansince64 Active Member

157 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    You may be right about JG, he has shown he is moronic enough to have that view. But if you go look at the replay of that game, Tony immediately runs up to where the ball is spotted and immediately starts waving his hands violently (like he is trying to get players to hurry back) and making the "clock the ball" motion. He obviously wanted to run another play (or 2). Tony obviously knows more about effective football than The Redheaded Moron.

Monte Sliger
  9. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Romo is the best coach on the team..

So sad.
  10. Fansince64

Fansince64 Active Member

157 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Absolutely!!! Which is why as long as the Jerry & Jason show is in place, we will continue to be mediocre. Would we be better off if this pair from he** was broken up? Not sure since the former is not going anywhere and he is certainly capable of hiring someone even worse than Opie (See Campo, Dave if you doubt me).

Monte Sliger