1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Interesting list of prospect rating on Sporting news.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by btcutter, Mar 30, 2012.

1. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,701 Messages
    185 Likes Received
  2. Brian_C82

Brian_C82 Member

466 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I hope we stay far away from Poe. The last thing we need is another workout warrior who lacks intensity and toughness.
  3. btcutter

2,701 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    I agree. Especially for a guy who will face double team in the middle every down. Those guys needs the physical skills but also mental toughness.

I am also surprised that Barron and Upshaw are rated in the 30's in terms of top 40 prospects. Very concerned about Upshaw due to his lack of explosiveness and not very athletic.
  4. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,571 Messages
    1,554 Likes Received
  5. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I wouldn't take Barron in the first round. I'd be interested if he slipped into the second round. He is a marginal athlete for the position and is a good tackler and okay in coverage. I just don't see a lot of upside in him.

I wouldn't take Upshaw in the first three rounds. He needs to move to DE and has very little athletic upside and no passrush moves. He will be a run stopping DE in a 4-3 and that is not a premium type of player.

Richardson and Chapman are the players from that team that I'm interested in - Richardson in the first if he drops (remember Stephen Jackson) and Chapman in the fourth round if he drops coming off that knee injury.
  6. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys could work with New England at pick 27 or pick 31 and trade back into the first round and nab Konz. Thanks for posting.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,390 Messages
    8,293 Likes Received
    On a side note, I think they've stopped making their draft guide. I can't find it anywhere. I'm assuming since their draft section disappeared, the guide went with it.
  8. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,377 Messages
    1,253 Likes Received
    Welp DeCastro was the best guard in Division 1 football this year, and maybe in a decade. Sialolu while intriguing played Division 2 competition.
  9. btcutter

2,701 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    Larry Allen was the 4th guard and the 9th OL taken in 1994 draft. Just saying......
  10. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,377 Messages
    1,253 Likes Received
    I have heard speculation Silatoulu could sneak into the first round. Dont get me wrong I like him alot. Just trying to answer your original question.
  11. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,528 Messages
    2,215 Likes Received
    What the hell is with their numbering?
  12. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,526 Messages
    541 Likes Received
  13. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I too am underwhelmed by DeCastro as a blocker. Some people talk about him as a top 5 pick but I just don't see it. He is good and safe but I don't think he'll ever be an All-Pro but I believe he has a pretty good chance of going to a couple of Pro Bowls.

The one think I'll say in his favour is he is very safe - he will be a good starter on day one. I just don't see a high ceiling for him. He'll never be as dominant as a Carl Nicks.
  14. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,754 Messages
    379 Likes Received
    I was looking for it to. Always used to buy it each year. That's too bad. They had Witten ranked as the top TE the year we got him in the third.
  15. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,390 Messages
    8,293 Likes Received
    I'm bummed about it too. I know a lot of their rankings were against the grain but I looked forward to that guide every year.
  16. dwmyers

dwmyers Well-Known Member

2,049 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Their (SN's) online "war room" has seemed to have disappeared as well. Are they restructuring?

D-