1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Interesting News On Sean Payton

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by houstonwhodat, Nov 6, 2012.

1. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,875 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    I keep reading people claiming Jerry & Sean are great friends and Jerry loves him. What is the source for that claim? Sounds like BS to me.

I remember watching an interview with Jerry about a year ago and they were asking him about Payton and Jerry rolls his eyes and calls him a goofball and it wasn't in a joking manner, it was like please, that guys an idiot. He seemed shocked by Payton's success.

I'm pissed I didn't record the video because Jerry's body language and comments regarding Payton really struck me since he was so dismissive about a coach who had just won the Super Bowl.

Did anyone else see this interview? I was hoping I could find the clip on the net but no luck finding anything.

FWIW, I dont think there is a chance in hell SP comes to Dallas as a coach----hopefully one day as a GM for Steven (Hostile claimed it's possible)
  2. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,778 Messages
    1,978 Likes Received
    Bottom Line:

-We dont know what SP or Jerruh are thinking.
    -We dont really know what they might or might not be willing to "live with" as far as egos go.
    -SP is said to be extremely cocky and has an ego. How does that fit in Dallas?

To sit here and try to add up all the pros and cons, when we dont really know what they are for those guys is nothing more than an exercise in futility.

Better to just sit back and enjoy the pressure it puts on Jerruh and Red J. The pressure is the only thing we know is certain. Its there!
  3. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,503 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    The end of his process?
  4. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This right here... He is actually the reason why Romo is with the Cowboys in the first place, i.e. he was thrilled when Romo was still on the board when they got him and I think reports had him on the table telling the Cowboys to pull the trigger. It was really between the Peyton and Shanny....
  5. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,693 Messages
    2,225 Likes Received
    i havent seen that interview but if jerry did that it only goes to show you what a true football idiot this guy is
  6. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

851 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    Isn't Romo in Dallas because of Sean Payton, and didn't Payton try to get Romo in NO before signing Brees?
  7. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,580 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Yes, but the end all deciding factor... in NO he doesn't have to deal with Jerry Jones.
  8. pjtoadie

pjtoadie Cleveland's #1 Cowboys fan

1,952 Messages
    509 Likes Received
    True but supposedly he will have to deal with Benson's daughter eventually?
  9. Fritsch_the_cat

851 Messages
    454 Likes Received

Agreed. I was just saying I don't think Romo is a deal breaker in the situation, even though I don't think it's going to happen anyway.
  10. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,580 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Very good point. He may go with what he views as the lesser of two evils and come to Dallas, or he may decide to pick neither and go to KC or somewhere else where he'd have a "Challenge" to compete.

Yeah that's true. I'm disappionted in Garrett, but at the same time I know he's young and intelligent so I'm hoping he gets better. I really do think he should have been coordinator for a few years before becoming a HC though.

That said, I'd take Peyton in a heartbeat if he wanted to be in Dallas.
  11. Fritsch_the_cat

851 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    Agreed, I think Garret has it in him to be a very good coach given time. Never sure how much time that is with JJ though.

I'm convinced Garret is Cowboys HC now because Jerry didn't want to let another great young coach get away like he did with Payton. It must be quite a quandary for JJ now that Payton is available.
  12. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,569 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Iheard on some sports talk show host that SP is very loyal person and he is loyal to Benson who is paying him this year. Not his football contract because that he can not. Benson is put SP on his basketball payroll in some capacity. Benson owns the Hornets.
  13. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    People forget that Payton basically was the driving force behind drafting Romo, so those that say that they don't want him are ill informed.
  14. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,580 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    Yep. And people tend to forget that the Tony Romo of the last 2-3 years is better than the San Diego version of Drew Brees.

What would SP do for Romo's career?

Just sayin'.
  15. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,013 Messages
    180 Likes Received
    Why would SP leave a place he's been a champion to take a chance elsewhere?

I'm suprized NO has not already put a statue of him somewhere.
  16. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,609 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    definitely.
  17. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton it was the grave marked unknown right beside

6,475 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He wasn't drafted. Those who he was are ill informed.
  18. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,998 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    When Peyton was here he got Romo to play in Dallas. It was because of Peyton that Romo is in Dallas. I think Peyton would be okay with Romo and will actually turn him lose - something which Garrett could only dream of.
  19. Funxva

Funxva Inventor of the Whizzinator

1,685 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Thanks for nit picking my words with a deflective and attacking argument. My premiss still stands. Payton was the driving force behind Romo being "chosen".

Better? You all are still ill informed.
  20. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,373 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    SP like most coaches have huge egos. To come to Dallas and turn this 17 yr mess of a football team would be very high on his list.

He would be treated like a God if he could turn this mess around. People forget that this is still the premier franchise in the NFL. Yes we stink to high heaven, but we are still Americas team. Coaches would jump at the opportunity to come here. If only Jerry would let that door open is the true question.