1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Interesting photos

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by AdamJT13, Apr 26, 2004.

1. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,239 Messages
    2,873 Likes Received

The Dallas Cowboys 3rd 10,000 yard rusher...

#21 Julius Jones.

Yeah, I like it.
  2. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In a nutshell, Brown Sugar, it sucked less than usual. ;)

I have to admit, you come to mind whenever the running back debate arises here.

All last year I stopped myself from unloading on Tham only because I was afraid to hurt your feelings. And it turned out you were the first in line to went to see him GONE.

This preseason I hope Jones proves himself worthy particularly fast. Tham as a member of a 2004 rb-by-comittee could well depend on it.

That is, of course, unless he's back in your good graces. Then of course, he may be allowed to stick around, :)
  3. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,985 Messages
    456 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received

I wouldn't call taht a "move". He jumped in the air. Probably got hit as soon as he landed and got tackled w/o even trying to lean forward for an extra yard.
  5. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,647 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Nice find but somehow I don't think anyone will be sticking that pic in their sig anytime soon.
  6. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's gotta be a photoshopped pic :D
  7. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow, that pic's a much desired variation on a running style usually not adequately captured by any camera.

Tham's infamous "minus three yards and a cloud of disgust" running.
  8. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Here's a pic of Troy Hambrick putting on a similar move.

[IMG] [IMG]
  9. adbutcher

adbutcher K9NME

10,647 Messages
    307 Likes Received
    Not even close.
  10. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looks the same as the Emmitt picture except Hambrick is keeping his balance. He's doing the exact same thing in the picture. (jumping over defender)
  11. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Except he's only about 2 inches off the ground.
  12. Az Lurker

Az Lurker The Lurker

297 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    isn't how close Jones and Emmitt are in build. What strikes me every time is the look in Jones' eyes in every picture I see of him, that head upright wide eyed searching look that Emmitt always had, thats the look that gives me hope
  13. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wonder if there is any truth at all to the[IMG] speculation Troy Hambrick will be utilized as a fullback next season. He certainly is a powerfully built dude.
  14. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    I don't think Hambrick is much of a FB (he played a lot of FB two years ago). He plays FB the way I'd expect Doug Flutie to play FB, only with a lot less passion.
  15. TruBlueCowboy

TruBlueCowboy New Member

7,301 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Parcells wants one of those hybrid fullbacks like Richie Anderson, I don't think Hambrick would be a bad choice to be his successor.
  16. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, I'm sorry to hear that, Rack.

I don't know what it is, but this guy is hard to dislike. I mean, I honestly feel sorry for him in a way I never felt sorry for some other backs who couldn't cut the mustard.

Maybe it's because he seems like such an affable chap, or that he always appears to give it all he's got, or that he became a Parcells Guy of sorts. Or how he reacted when it became clear he is NOT a world class feature back..he said he'd do anything asked of him to help the effort. No ego, no false pride, just suck it up resignation, w/o quitting.

One of those players you wish you could wave a magic wand over which would make him "all that".

Whatever happens, I hope there is a place for him on SOME nfl squad.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    Well, just know that I did exaggerate just a little. He's was ok at FB to be honest. He can't catch nearly as good as Richie, and he's not as good of a blocker either. Plus he's obviously not as good of a runner. He is a good special teams player though.
  18. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

6,368 Messages
    1,337 Likes Received
    not to rain on anyone's parade, but don't most RB's look like that when they're jumping over a defender (or something similar)? I do admit that Julius and Emmitt have similar builds... though maybe Julius is a little closer to Barry Sanders in this aspect IMO.

edit: nice sig ^^^^^^^^^^^^ ;)
  19. Rezz

Rezz Mr. Blonde

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    I decided I wanted to see Julius stepping on AB's face. :)
  20. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,567 Messages
    501 Likes Received

Nice work. I twould be cool if you can stick a star on that helmet, and a cowboys jersey. :D