1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Interesting trends

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by VCDefectors, Feb 3, 2009.

1. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've noticed that very little progress has been made concerning the political right-wing in dropping old partisan trickery and getting on board with being a team player. Whatever happened to being an American citizen first?

Don't be among those who feel it is necessary to keep such false divisions alive. Let's try to figure out the problems facing this great nation together and let the old ways of Dittohead-vs-SlickWillie go by the wayside.

[IMG]
  2. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,956 Messages
    2,188 Likes Received
    I was taught that dissension is the ultimate form of patriotism.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,799 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received

No Scip, you have that confused with, "Watch out where the Husky's go, but don't you eat their yellow snow!"

;)
  4. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Drop dead.

[IMG]
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,070 Messages
    2,859 Likes Received
    You mean go along with what you disagree with? In this stimulus bill that passed the house no republican and 11 dems did not vote for it because they did not like the waste that was added to it. If the Senate version is cleaned up and focusing on problem areas then I'm sure even some republicans will vote for it.
  6. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,799 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received

Of course that is true. I've not really heard any discention on that, from the Republican Party of anybody on this board. However, this is becoming a very unpopular Bill. As of today, the Gallup Poll reflects the following:

38% of Americans are in favor of passing the Bill "As Is".

37% want to see major change in the Bill before it is passed.

17% want the Bill scrapped entirely.

8% are undecided.

Now, as of 4 days ago, those numbers reflected the following.

52% in favor of passing the Bill.

37% not in favor of passing the Bill.

11% undecided.

The support for this thing is evaporating and if it gets to the point where a strong majority of America is opposed to this Bill, I suspect it will not pass. That's going to hurt the President and what he wants to accomplish in his Presidency IMO. As it stands today, according to the Gallup Poll, 54% of Americans do not want this Bill to pass. That's a 17% swing in just 4 days. This is only going to get worse.

The Democrats need to step out from the rain right now and revise this thing so that it actually reprsents a stimulus package and not a Spending Bill.
  7. Doomsday101

77,070 Messages
    2,859 Likes Received
    The more people hear about what is in the bill it should not come as a surprise the numbers are falling in support of it. All items in this bill should be geared towards creating jobs and stimulating the economy all other items need to be placed in separate legislation and win approval on its own merits this is just not the place to put it.
  8. ethiostar

ethiostar Well-Known Member

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Dude, do you have this same message on 'Automatic' posting for every week or every other week or something? You know like automatic payments to pay your bills online on a monthly basis?

:horse:
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's just another lefty whose newfound love of country is totally dependent on a Democrat being in the Oval Office.
  10. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,695 Messages
    232 Likes Received
  11. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    'Tis sad to see so many of you guys stick to such a broken spirit and one which only serves to divide this nation of ours. Obama has gone above and beyond in reaching across the aisle. It is now time to do your part and drop some of the old grudges that will never get resolved. Help Obama help you!!
  12. Doomsday101

77,070 Messages
    2,859 Likes Received
    By going along with what some of us disagree with? Sorry that is not going to happen. If Obama can put something together that conservatives can agree with I'm sure they will vote with him if not well he does not need the Republicans to get it passed. For me it has nothing to do with a grudge it has to do with standing up for what I feel is right and the more other Americans are seeing this stimulus bill as it stands now are not over whelming supporting it. Just so you know when Bush proposed the 700 billion I disagreed with that as well.
  13. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Your opinion is noted. But what I'm talking about is the fact that Obama has only been in office for 2 weeks and I have seen some of the most unpatriotic acts, people right here looking for reasons for Obama to fail, posting all kinds of treasonous poison. It's disgusting and shows no respect, especially some these enlisted people. That's no way to talk about a boss!!
  14. ethiostar

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Problem is it is not limited to those on the left. Those on the extreme right also do the same thing when they have their guy in power. It's somewhat of a vicious cycle.
  15. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know of anyone on the right who refused to fly the flag when Clinton or Obama took office. Or said they were "proud to be an American again" when Bush succeeded Bubba. Presidents come and go; America is forever.
  16. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,290 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    Funny how VC now wants everyone to get together but i doubt he wanted that when Bush was in office. Maybe if VC here can break down the stimulus bill and tell us how it will help us, maybe we can see the divine way such as him.
  17. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Judging by the ever growing weariness of the stimulus that was Obama's genesis and his failure to vet almost half a dozen now disgraced cabinet members he has lost his credibility on the economy.
  18. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Please...let's stop with the partisan tactics, ok? Thank you.

As far as the new proposed stimulus package is concerned...let me begin with the $700B bailout. I was initially supportive of the Bush bailout, but the level of greed on Wall Street and the financial institutions was far greater than even I could have imagined. So, I dropped support of it.

In fact, they should just roll the remaining $350B into this new stimulus package, which should be much more effective in helping turn this economy.

I hope that answers your question.
  19. ethiostar

6,307 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Quite a few on this board have already stated that they want to see this administration fail miserably. As if the administration failure would not affect 'America.' I've also heard this same sentiment in person from people that i associate with who happen to be on the far right side of the fence. The same people who were labeling people who opposed Bush's policies as unpatriotic.

I'm not interested in getting into a bipartisan debate with you bb, i was just annoyed because VCD seems to post this same thread once every week.
  20. VCDefectors

VCDefectors Benched

1,080 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How dare you suggest that I am intentionally posting reruns!!

I can't help it that very little progress has been made. Making a post that speaks directly to the minds (level of understanding) of some of the regulars here while putting some new spin on things is a challenge, to say the least.

But I can assure you that my threads do address core issues around here. And, yes, while I would like to see more progress, sometimes you have to be patient while being consistent. These weekly reminders will eventually sink in and then we talk about something else. Sound good?