1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Interview With Lance Dunbar

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Apr 21, 2014.

1. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,010 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    JORDAN ROSS: First off, how is your rehab going? What percentage are you at in terms of your recovery?

LANCE DUNBAR: I’d say that I’m at 100%. I’ve been able to do everything now for a couple of weeks without any restrictions. I’m feeling pretty good. I’d definitely say I’m 100%.

JORDAN ROSS: Were you at Valley Ranch for the first day of offseason workouts today?

LANCE DUNBAR: Yeah I was. I’ve been up there since the end of last season, working out, trying to get healthy. It feels great to get back to work with my teammates though and seeing their faces. It’s been a while, everyone’s been doing their own thing. Now we’re all getting back in the right frame of mind. We all have one goal and that really starts today.

JORDAN ROSS: On Thanksgiving against Oakland you had your best game as a pro before getting injured. What was going through your head when that happened, and did you know right away how serious it was?

LANCE DUNBAR: No, actually. When it first happened, I thought I’d be alright. I just thought I tweaked my knee a little. I walked off the field on my own and wasn’t hurting that bad. But the next day it turned out worse than I expected. You just have to deal with it. Things happen and you don’t always know why, they just do. I couldn’t just sit there and cry about it, that wouldn’t get me anywhere. I just knew I had to bounce back, work harder, and get stronger so I can stay healthy.

Read the rest at: http://all22breakdown.com/?p=1240
    MrMom, percyhoward, dstovall5 and 4 others like this.
  2. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,217 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    Give me 80 "all purpose" yards a game is all I ask. ;)
    jobberone likes this.
  3. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,402 Messages
    1,011 Likes Received
    He's got some wheels and he has the right attitude. Hopefully he can stay healthy and hold on to the ball
    Fletch, jobberone and casmith07 like this.
  4. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

5,602 Messages
    1,021 Likes Received
    I'm rooting for him, he showed a little something in that Thanksgiving game. Could be a good change of pace for Murray.
  5. Pabst

Pabst Active Member

934 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Has a very good skillset, just needs to get out on the field and stay out there.
    jobberone likes this.
  6. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,444 Messages
    1,260 Likes Received
    10 touches per game...the potential for at least one of them to hit for 20+ yards is good, and even having him in the game (if healthy) can make a defense nervous...if they try to double Dez, Jason, then guys like dunbar must produce
    jobberone and casmith07 like this.
  7. Donny Phoenix

Donny Phoenix Active Member

142 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Doesn't seem like much was made of it at the time, but it looked like Dunbar's knee was taken out intentionally. That play just never sat well with me. Glad he's healthy and hopefully he's able to contribute this season.
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,924 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    I really hope the guy comes back healthy and strong and provides a nice 1-2 punch with Murray.
    jobberone likes this.
  9. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

6,988 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    He could be a Sproals like player.
    jobberone likes this.
  10. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,001 Messages
    1,210 Likes Received
    Very encouraging that he evaluates himself at 100% when some has mention the injury could be career ending.
    jobberone and CopenhagenCowboy like this.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

29,516 Messages
    5,243 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting this. I've been wondering what the prognosis was for his injury. Didn't we hear at the time that it could even be career-threatening? Sounds like it probably wasn't.

I've got high hopes for this guy as a role-player for us.
    jobberone likes this.
  12. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

391 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    Good to see he's getting back on track to become productive for this team again. Going to keep an eye out on him during preseason to see if he's lost a step or not.
    jobberone likes this.
  13. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,588 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Always had a good feeling about him, he obviously can contribute - question is, for how long.

Perfect change of pace for a guy like Murray. If they both can stay healthy, I'm very confident in our stable.

Thanks for the piece, always look forward to your work.
    jobberone likes this.
  14. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,028 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Jerry is gonna give him a 5/40mil contract. Just kidding. Wish him well we need his skill set.
    jobberone likes this.
  15. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,066 Messages
    2,486 Likes Received
    Any time a Cowboys player gets injured, someone here says it could be career threatening.
  16. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Dunbar can help the Cowboy's satisfy their need for speed.
  17. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,427 Messages
    753 Likes Received
    Yep, I expect him to have a big year catching passes out of the backfield.
    jobberone likes this.
  18. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    I HOPE SO.
  19. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,144 Messages
    1,801 Likes Received
    That was quite good.
  20. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,589 Messages
    3,337 Likes Received
    I'm looking forward to seeing him incorporated into the offense. There's a place for him to make plays in space. I don't see how a LB is going to cover this guy on a wheel route.