1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is 2014 a good year to pick Romo's eventual replacement

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by btcutter, Sep 18, 2013.

1. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,605 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    I already answered your question. If you don't like my answer that's your problem. And just because I'm critical of Romo doesn't mean I'm not a fan, it just means that I have standards.... buzz off kid
  2. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

742 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    Romo didn't play at all from 2003-05. He missed almost all of 2010 (ten games). What am I getting at? He doesn't have the same wear and tear most eleventh year QB's have. I fully expect him to play out his contract and maintain at least 85 percent of his current effectiveness. So to answer the question, no. Not yet.
  3. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,269 Messages
    486 Likes Received
    Not yet.

Draft the future when you think Romo has 1 season left.
  4. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,523 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Father time doesn't care about how many games youve started.. But hopefully hes one of those players that can play at a high level at age 37. He would most likely be a statue in the pocket though.
  5. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,047 Messages
    746 Likes Received
    Let me be the first to say, "I am glad you are no Mel Kiper." halfing said that, while there are no guarantees with Johnny Foosball, there is a big chance he can translate his skills to the NFL. If he bulks up, more off a chance.
    A respectable pocket passer ala Aikman would be great. Another Andrew Luck or even that running Wilson would be good. Sometimes a team half to adapt to the skills of a QB.
    Yes we half too many other needs. But QB is the most pressing for any team. Any team without a good QB will be mired in mediocrity.

I do disagree with you about 2-3 years. That is how long the new QB would/should half to sit before he start, so the quicker the better.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,344 Messages
    4,489 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  7. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Just ignore posters like him and you will enjoy this site bit more. Unfortunately, there are many more like him on this site, which make it much less enjoyable.
  8. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,150 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    Ok thanks. I will try.
  9. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,249 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    Yes, we should give some serious consideration to devoting a high pick for acquiring an eventual QB prospect to replace Romo when the appropriate time comes. It's always a risky thing going for a QB early-on in any draft but next year may be the most advantageous point in time to consider it. We seem to have a decent situation with respect to better depth this year. Of course, an addition or two to our OL and DL will be high priorities as well.