1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Average in Big D the 'new normal'

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by panther1012, Jan 6, 2013.

1. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,290 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    Yeah, because Parcells was anybody.

Yeah, because Wade was anybody.

Whining just to prove you can whine. Good luck with that in life.
  2. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,134 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    I am confused. What are we suppose to talk about on a Dallas Cowboys Forum after yet another major disappointment of a season?

By making this statement, you are playing right into JJ's hand. The sooner you forget about another worthless Cowboys season, the sooner you can start filling JJ's pockets with more $$.
  3. mahoneybill

mahoneybill Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,541 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Excellent point....

We are always thinking we are 1 - 2 years away.....
  4. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    684 Likes Received
    I prefer to take a different approach to those dates.

1985 was the end of the 20 straight winning seasons. BUT the late 80s/early 90s still had a fandom that EXPECTED EXCELLENCE! That is why Landry was axed and why Jerry was so gung-ho coming in.

So I look at the Cowboys history in one solid block of 30 years (65-95) where Excellence and winning were the norm...with the exception of 7 years. Not a bad percentage...thus America's Team

I look at the Block of 1996 to Present as the EXPECTING MEDIOCRITY where people started to say...."we are almost there." It's depressing how low people's expectations are now. It's like the "Fake Jerry" said on the Ticket...he sold his soul to satan for the first Super Bowl trophies and now is selling a luxury suite and some Papa Johns for 9-7 record and Wild Card game.
  5. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    96 was a disappointing year. We got eliminated by the Panthers. That was a roller coaster season. And I was so accustomed to winning, it was a terrible feeling. I can also say that this season was quite heartbreaking season. We could smell the playoffs, but we never got to take a bite.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,853 Messages
    7,578 Likes Received
    Sorry. This post is just a microcosm of so many threads here. Yet, somehow, it still caught me by surprise. Whatever else might we talk about on a Dallas Cowboys forum other than how unhappy we are? I'll go with 'literally any topic related to the current state of the Dallas Cowboys.' I'll start: what's three player personnel moves would you most like to see this offseason?
  7. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,839 Messages
    2,325 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
    keep reading his posts and you will figure it out for yourself
  8. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,134 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    :bow: enlighten me oh great visionary:bow:

9 out of 10 posts are negative or somewhat negative towards the Cowboys. After a decade and a half of the same thing, it's more than expected. This forum is exactly the same as every sports related forum in the universe.

Bad team = 90% posts are negative, 10% positive

Good team = 10% posts are negative, 90% positive

It's the way sports forums are and always will be. This one is no different.
  9. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,407 Messages
    2,248 Likes Received
    This should be posted at the top of this form!!

Want the dialog to change, start becoming relevant on the football field.
  10. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,530 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    It appears, unlike yourself, I don't put as much stock in a flippin' message board.

In life? Really? You need to get out more.