1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Dez able to lift weights?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Howboutdemcowboys31, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Well-Known Member

1,148 Messages
    271 Likes Received
    I had a similar injury but it was my thumb. I was able to continue to lift with a strange grip and some pain, but its easier to hide your thumb when you lift then your index finger. Anyone know? Dez or Die
  2. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

942 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    Do these guys keep lifting during the actual season? Would seem to me that they would be spending most of the week trying to get their muscles rested for Sunday.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Does it change anything either way?
  4. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received
    Yes they lift during the year. Yes it would make a difference and yes he could still lift
  5. Howboutdemcowboys31

1,148 Messages
    271 Likes Received
    Depends on how much of his strength he gets naturally or from weights. He is a extremely physical player so I'm sure he lifts alot and also has some natural strength.
  6. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

942 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I'd guess its more for muscular endurance and injury prevention during the season rather than putting on sheer strength?
  7. Howboutdemcowboys31

1,148 Messages
    271 Likes Received
    Yes. A specific muscle you worked out needs 48 hours rest so when they do they are probably only doing each muscle group once a week to maintain
  8. Stryker44

Stryker44 Active Member

942 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I really want to know Adrian Peterson's regimen after his ACL injury late last season...whatever he did seems to have worked amazingly well in a very short period of time.

Dez is scary talented...and now seems to be "getting it"...barring serious injury, I think he's going to be a top 3 NFL receiver for years.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,699 Messages
    5,858 Likes Received
    Yes, but it's a different process than what they do in the offseason. Lighter weight, higher reps, less often than the offseason workouts.
  10. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received
    Mostly for maintenance. If you stop lifting you'll lose all your gains.
  11. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,010 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    I am sure they can get creative with resistance bands and what not.
  12. Howboutdemcowboys31

1,148 Messages
    271 Likes Received
    Good point. I've been lifting steady now for 7 years but I would LOVE to have the trainers these guys do. There is an endless amount of untapped info I feel like these guys get that a typical person like you or I wouldnt
  13. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received
    Not really.. All the info you need is out there.

They just have time and money advantages.
  14. Howboutdemcowboys31

1,148 Messages
    271 Likes Received
    Eh I have a cousin in the military I worked out with him once I was sore for a week because he showed me different stuff you don't typically see in a gym. I just want Dez to keep his strength it is such an assett love watching him drag guys
  15. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I think a lot of Peterson's comeback is purely genetics (and hard work). The guy is just a freak of nature.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,036 Messages
    2,266 Likes Received
    He's is a genetic freak. Best physical talent at RB of all time.
  17. sillycon

sillycon Active Member

823 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Bo Jackson has to be in this category as well....
  18. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    He'll be fine. He can't clean or snatch (if they even do snatches) but Woicik can have him do something explosive with some type of squat or even leg press.

Or they might not even worry about it at this point. Only a few weeks left in the season anyway, so he wouldn't lose any significant amount of strength in that time. Right now everyone on the field is tired and beat up anyway and it's mostly about mental toughness at this point. Which we know Dez won't lack.
  19. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,762 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    He's obviously able to do lower body stuff but regardless these guys just maintain over the season. And he's not going to make or lose any huge progress over whatever remainder of the season is left.

Lifting is the least of Dez's worries
  20. Wolf2k5

Wolf2k5 Active Member

862 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    I don't know how true this is. I lifted seriously for a few years including military time. It wasn't until I began going to school in Sports medicine that I learned so many things I never knew. Although tht information is readily available it is HUGE to have someone educated in how the body work to get the gains these pros can get