1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is E-Lie Still Better Than Romo?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,921 Messages
    2,120 Likes Received
    Lotta Cowoby fan posters here have posted in the past how E-Lie is better than Romo, blah, blah, blah.

After seeing the "clutch" Gmen with their "clutch" QB who can really turn it on when they need to in December, :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: , Im wondering if E-Lie is still better than Romo . . . . . . . . . . . .
  2. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,159 Messages
    1,934 Likes Received
    These posts never cease to puzzle me.

The fixation here on CZ constantly comparing Romo to Eli is beyond incredible. To what end?
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,787 Messages
    10,086 Likes Received
    I've never seen a bigger group of insecure babies than right here on this board. It's like a constant mission to seek respect and acceptance while concocting anti-Cowboy conspiracy theories.

Last I checked Eli still had his two rings. I doubt he cares about this comparison.
  4. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He's still holding more rings
  5. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,470 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    It's pretty simple. Romo's numbers have been better than Eli's every single season.

The ONE argument that Eli backers have ever had is the mythical "clutch" argument. You know, the one that can't be backed up by anything substantial other than Super Bowl rings (which are a team accomplishment).

And now that the ONE argument Eli backers had appears to be dead? Well, I'm sorry Charlie, but it's certainly worth re-visiting the "debate".

Unless if you were an Eli backer, I guess. Then the embarrassment you're currently feeling will preclude your objectivity.
  6. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,157 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    It's not even close. Romo is way better. Eli is an average QB. Gotta love how he put them on his back this year.
  7. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,707 Messages
    2,855 Likes Received
    Everybody else will have to speak for themselves. I do it in the interest of accuracy.

December 2012
    Romo 112.0
    Eli 81.6
  8. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    1,813 Likes Received
    Giants can still make the #6 seed. It's a very, very, very, very slim chance... but it's possible. Let's wait till they're eliminated before showing off. Otherwise, this thread will be brought up again if the G-Nats pull off the unthinkable for a third time.
  9. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,965 Messages
    637 Likes Received
    Eli - -2 rings...8-3 playoff record
    Romo - 0 rings..1 playoff victory

yup, Eli still better
  10. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,921 Messages
    2,120 Likes Received
    Trent Dilfer - 1 ring

Mark Rypien - 1 ring

Doug Williams - 1 ring

All better than Romo? :banghead: :bang2:
  11. nickjamesw43

nickjamesw43 Active Member

392 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Eli is compared to Tony for the same reason Emmitt was compared to Barry, Peyton was compared to Brady ect. It doesn't mean anyone is insecure.
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not a comparison. Tony Romo is a much better quarterback than Eli Manning. Anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know football.
  13. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,120 Messages
    1,272 Likes Received
    Another living in the moment thread. :rolleyes:
  14. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,705 Messages
    3,197 Likes Received
    Well, yeah.
  15. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,965 Messages
    637 Likes Received

now that wasn't the question you posed now, was it........ when one can't win their own argument, change the question!

is Marino better than Romo...in your mind, probably not!!

just like the reporter on Superbowl media day that posed the question to Doug Williams, how long have you been a black quarterback??

When Romo actually gets to a Superbowl, nevermind leading his team on two game ending winning TD's in them, then get back to me on the greatness of one Tony Romo...because right now, he's not better than Danny White in Cowboy lore at this point
  16. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,707 Messages
    2,855 Likes Received
    Yeah, because clearly 2011 is what's happening.
  17. ckalch

ckalch Active Member

140 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    He's attacking the Super Bowl fallacy. Not changing the question at all.
  18. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,447 Messages
    276 Likes Received
    Eli has never been and will never be as good as Romo. A couple of team accomplishments which required some insane fortune/bounces do not change that fact. Romo is a great QB and has shown that throughout his career. Every (non-team) statistical measure of a QB's ability shows that. Or just throw out the stats and watch them play! Bradshaw had 4 rings and Marino had none. If anyone thinks that Bradshaw was anywhere near as good as Marino, they know nothing about football.

Win and we're in. GO COWBOYS!!!
  19. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,472 Messages
    2,327 Likes Received
    While I think they are close, not sure that Eli isn't more accurate, which is what is the basis for a QB's success, if all else is equal.

But your laughing caused me to laugh at your proposition. You're using this seasons results as if that settles it, and completely ignore the two Championships Eli has.

This will never be solved unless these two both have equal championships, completely healthy teams, and face each other for the NFC Championship.

And even then it will never be a definitive results.
  20. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,472 Messages
    2,327 Likes Received
    How old are you again, please? Just so I can put your comment into perspective.