1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is E-Lie Still Better Than Romo?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,855 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    :hammer:

You know, when it comes to this topic, you either get it or you dont!
  2. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,560 Messages
    1,187 Likes Received
    I thought it but didn't say it. You're right, Risen.
  3. DallasFame

DallasFame New Member

22 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This board is pretty delusional but I bet people would start thinking romo was a better QB than marino if romo won a superbowl when in reality marino > romo and it's not even close unless you're a new generation fan. Oh how I wish I knew what numbers marino would post in todays NFL rule.
  4. WPBCowboysFan

4,855 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received

It was a response to your lame attempt to answer the question posed. If the question had been who has more rings, you would have answered correctly. However, that wasnt the question, even tho you attempted to answer the question posed with the "ring" myth argument.

:hammer:
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,396 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    It's their careers not one game. Too many here live in the moment. A few weeks ago a lot of fans were done with Romo wanting him traded after the season.
  6. percyhoward

percyhoward Research Tool

8,009 Messages
    1,586 Likes Received
    Eli's career isn't helping him get into the playoffs, and neither is his 81.6 rating in December.
  7. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,094 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Perfect example why Eli has rings and Romo does not? Romo today and vs NY last year has combined for 74 passes, 47 completions, 8 TDs, no INTs, no fumbles. Result two losses. Only the ignorant think supporting cast does not matter.
  8. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,171 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    How do their postseason QB ratings compare?

As opposed to comparing rings, postseason QB rating is probably the most important datapoint to compare QBs on.
  9. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,171 Messages
    1,108 Likes Received
    What does Eli's postseason QB rating look like?
  10. KJJ

10,396 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    His "career" which consists of an 8-3 playoff record with 2 SB wins and 2 SB MVP awards is helping him get into the Hall of Fame. The last time Eli and Romo went head to head Romo tossed 4 picks. No threads like this claiming Romo was better were started after that game.
  11. Star4Ever

Star4Ever Well-Known Member

5,826 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    I've never thought Eli was better than Romo and never will. Eli has had the good fortune to be on better teams, especially defensively. Both are good, but I'll take Romo every time. He just offers more.
  12. WPBCowboysFan

4,855 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    And then getting in the Hall wont be as big a deal.
  13. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,527 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    That doesn't mean Eli is better than Romo RIGHT NOW. The past is irrelevant. Romo is is the better QB this season and it's not close.
  14. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,499 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    Summed up perfectly, stats are great if your Dan Marino, but Trent Dilfer still has the bling and I'm willing to bet that Marino trades all his stats for that ring and mediocre career. I'll still go with Eli being the better qb just because when it mattered most he didn't make the mistakes that helped them lose. Romo plays on a team that made a lot of mistakes when it mattered but he did too.
  15. WPBCowboysFan

4,855 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    For Romo its an unknown so its futile to make any attempt to use it as a comparison.
  16. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,367 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    Exactly. It's beyond obvious to anyone who has any clue about QBing and the game of football in general. I've been watchnig football for almost 40 years and seen many great QBs. Without hesitation, I would tell people Romo is a great QB. I would not say that Eli is great by any stretch of the imagination. The Cowboys lost today despite a near flawless performance by Romo. He didn't drop passes or fumble inside his own 5. He doesn't play on a defense that couldn't force one turnover. He simply, as he has done for most of his career, played QB at an extremely high level. The QB is not the sole determinant of a team's success. It's a TEAM game. SBs are TEAM accomplishments. Ask Dilfer, Johnson, Hostetler, etc.
    Oh and, by the way, Romo is as clutch as anyone in the game today. The nonsense "choker" label couldn't be more incorrect.
  17. WPBCowboysFan

4,855 Messages
    1,256 Likes Received
    Yea, E-Lie's history of consistently making bonehead plays doesnt matter, does it?
  18. KJJ

10,396 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Putting up big numbers every week isn't a big deal QB's do it every Sunday it's par for the course today. It's all about the number of playoff wins and championships.
  19. Displaced Cowboy

Displaced Cowboy Active Member

1,224 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  20. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,860 Messages
    380 Likes Received
    Eli was really clutch today and last week and the last five weeks when his defense was giving up an average of 30 points per game. I thought he won games all by himself with his clutch play.

In their playoff runs they never gave up an average of more than 17.

Funny how that works.