1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is E-Lie Still Better Than Romo?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WPBCowboysFan, Dec 23, 2012.

1. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,646 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    2-0 tHat's all that matters right now. Romo gets his props for his great stats, today we see what stats win... NOTHING!!! Bottom line,? If Romo had Eli' s supposed mediocre career with those two rings we would be saying he is the greatest thin g since Aikman. Let just leave Eli alone fellas., he did it when it needed to be done.

And in all honesty does it matter who was better this year, Eli can eat off those trophies for a couple more years.
  2. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,872 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    You still want to carry on about this? What a glutton for punishment. :rolleyes:
  3. KJJ

10,872 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    Who was better today? You started this thread all because Romo had a better day than Eli last week now it's the other way around this week t's called living in the moment. lol
  4. JimboWHO

JimboWHO Benched

24 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good Lord - you Romo sycophants still don't recognize the choke artist that he is.

Eli shines on big stage. Tony shrinks.
  5. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,608 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    What about this year?
  6. KJJ

10,872 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    They split head to head and they're both sitting home for the playoffs but at least the Giants aren't sitting home because Eli choked in week 17 with a playoff birth on the line. The bottom line is Eli comes through in these situations and Romo doesn't been trying to explain that to you for 3 days now. Review the thread.
  7. KJJ

10,872 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    The Giants even finished with a better record than the Cowboys who ended with the same 8-8 record as last season. The Cowboys haven't had a winning season under Romo since 09.
  8. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,608 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    E-Lie choked since mid season when he had a divisional lead.

Boys were 3-5 and Skins were 3-6 with Philly fading fast and he couldnt simply keep the division lead. Thats a choke job!

Romo carried a team on his back to even have a chance and then choked in a very winnable game.

Romo choked in his last game. E-Lie choked in quite a few this year.
  9. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,014 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Hmmm.. trading Romo for a first round pick doesn't look so bad now does it? KC, Buf, Oak, NYJ, Jac, Ari, all BADLY need a QB and are dumb enough to give up a 1st rounder. Time to build up the Oline, Dline, and find a safety or 2 who can actually play. In 2014 look for a QB in the draft.
  10. KJJ

10,872 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    Dude, GIVE IT UP! You may be the biggest Romo homer I've ever seen most go into hiding after one of his choke jobs especially one like this that ended the season.
  11. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    We have seen what Eli can do with a great supporting cast. Twice. Even if Romo had a great OLine and defense, who knows...he may still throw interceptions like a poor-man's Favre. All things equal, gimme Eli because he's proven what he can do. With Romo, you take the good with the bad. With Eli, you take the great with the bad
  12. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Eli has a better quarterback rating.

Any other questions?
  13. ufcrules1

7,014 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Oh, so Romo choked in just the last game of the season? He didn't give away the NYG at home and the Bears game at home this season? Romo is good for 2+ MELTDOWN games every single year and you can NEVER count on him when it is for all the marbles. 1-6 now.
  14. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,451 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Romo threw 3 picks and cost the game today but he's still better then Eli Manning, just not in the elimination games yet.

I think the guy will find the balance, and success with the right blocking and running game. All of these elimination games starting with the giants of 2007 ended in large part because of our O-Line being swallowed by a relentless blitz with no answers in the play calls. There are things causing uneasiness and the chokes, its not lack of heart or skill.

He can't handle it and tonight he did the unthinkable to his contract negotiation. I believe he will be back but it cost him 20 million and a possible short-term mental breakdown.
  15. ufcrules1

7,014 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Wish there was a way to vote up posts here.
  16. ufcrules1

7,014 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Fixed it for you.
  17. KJJ

10,872 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    Look who finally decided to open their mouth. lol So much for your claim that you were putting me on ignore. :laugh2: I still wouldn't trade Romo for a #1 pick but I would draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round and see how they develop. It's anyone's guess what the QB crop will look like in 2014 and I'm hearing it's not very good for this coming draft. You can't trade Romo until you have a solid replacement in place or the Cowboys will be revisiting those 5-11 seasons with journeymen's.
  18. KJJ

10,872 Messages
    895 Likes Received
    Are you for real? Whatever you're on you need to send me some. I can't believe you're still going on with this. I thought you would be standing on a ledge somewhere. I usually can outlast people but man you've got some real staying power. :laugh2:
  19. brooksey1

brooksey1 Well-Known Member

1,451 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Really? I guess you fixed yourself huh?
  20. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,883 Messages
    1,637 Likes Received
    No, that would be SDCowboys.