1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Garrett off the hot seat?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,127 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    A couple of weeks ago everyone, well alot, was ready to fire Garrett. Now I don't see a single thread wanting Garretts head? What happened? Don't tell me beating two .500 teams has changed the perception of Garrett.

I'll be honest, the way Garrett has this team playing, with all the injuries, maybe people should back off a little. Maybe he is the next great NFL coach? I know these final two games will be a factor on how people stand but is it fair to judge a coach with everything this team is going through? Garrett will be the coach next year regardless of what happens the next two weeks in my opinion.

I'll admit I was one of the posters who wanted him gone, and to be perfectly honest, now I just don't know. Many of the great head coaches started out terrible and turned things around. If this team comes out the next two weeks and plays hard competitive football I think he probably deserves another year.
  2. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,978 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    He better be off the hot seat; Romo's career can't handle another coaching change. Give the man some time people! We have a young team!
  3. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Ask me after the next 2 games.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,102 Messages
    836 Likes Received
    Do not think he was ever on "the hot seat"
  5. bigdnlaca

bigdnlaca Active Member

973 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    For now he is off but he is back on if the Redskins beat Dallas 44-6.
  6. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

796 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Never was...
  7. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,566 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    Yep. It was just a bunch of wishful thinking on our part.

Honestly, he is also improving as well at being a head coach.
  8. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,888 Messages
    249 Likes Received
    This team does some stupid stuff from time to time. The penalties are dumbfounding, though they've been an issue regardless of coach. But I am impressed with the ferocity with which the players seem to play for Garrett. I'm gungho for finding out what he can do with his team if he's free to focus on being the head guy.
  9. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Well-Known Member

1,051 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    ...as long as it's possible Sean Payton could be lured, it's not over.
  10. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,323 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received
    Jerry was majorly frustrated as we all were but I agree. He was never on hot seat.
  11. REDVOLUTION

25,323 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received

Seriously?

Nope.

Indeed.

The first response is so unreasonable.
  12. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It depends on how we finish off the season. I think that Jerry wants to win now, either way if it's not this season the following he would be on a short leash IMO.
  13. Hostile

Hostile It Has Been Fun Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,210 Likes Received
    The media needs to be the ones asked. They started all of these silly rumors and stories. Unnamed sources, and secret plane flights for interviews. It was a hoot.
  14. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Seriously? He's obviously improved the last weeks but his playcalling is still sub par until the second half when Romo takes over.
  15. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,058 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    I think he can still lose his job to Sean Payton and Sean Payton only within the next 2 weeks.
  16. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,345 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    When you're the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, I don't think there is such thing as not being on the Hot Seat. I think the same thing applies to being the Yankees manager.
  17. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

1,127 Messages
    211 Likes Received
    I thought the playcalling in the Pitt game was good. I remember Romo wanting to go for it on 4th and 2, I think, near the end of the game and Garrett just ignored him and punted the ball which was the right thing to do. I actually believe Garrett considered the 61yd field goal but decided it wasn't the smart thing to do. Garrett has had to make some hard decisions lately with the OT games and all and he has done a good job....
  18. REDVOLUTION

25,323 Messages
    1,251 Likes Received

We have been going through "the process" for almost 2 1/2 seasons. The results were seen in his first half year. Then it tailed off. Tailed off because of player execution or lack thereof.

I dont think you understand. A catch here or a block there and it changes MANY games that he has coached.

Negatory!
  19. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,903 Messages
    1,502 Likes Received
    yes he is off the hot seat.

we have won 5 of 6 games.

he won't finish with a losing record this year and won't have one for his career.

again we didnt hire JG as a polished what you see is what you get coach. we hired him for the potential and long-term stability he could bring. he is jerry's tom landry.

there is a far better chance garrett gets an extension this off-season than him getting fired.

they win the next two weeks and he probably gets coach of the year votes.
  20. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,058 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    We'll see.

A Wade Phillips late season collapse gets him canned I believe.