1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Garrett off the hot seat?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Arkyvarminter, Dec 20, 2012.

1. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,837 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Off topic, but never change your sig. All I want for Christmas is Dirk back!
  2. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,107 Messages
    312 Likes Received
    Denver, Green Bay, New England, and Washington would disagree with you.
  3. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,467 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    He was never on it.
  4. RomoIzDaMan

RomoIzDaMan New Member

48 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    One thing JG has going for him is that this team has a 'NEVER SAY QUIT" attitude for their HC.Something that was woefully lacking for the past few years.I would be surprised if they did a sudden choke job the last two weeks,considering this.If they get their butts kicked in week 16 and 17,I see Jerry giving Garrett one more year to get to the post season.If the Cowboys win both,hes getting an extended contract
  5. Cowboysfan570

Cowboysfan570 Well-Known Member

1,063 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure he gets a mulligan due to the injury situation regardless.
  6. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,130 Messages
    751 Likes Received
    Yes he's in the hit seat as long as SP waits. He's had two good games all season. The first game, and our last game played. Everywhere in between has been a complete mess. Yes that includes Cincy.

Sean is waiting to see what Jerry does and how we do. There is no doubt in my mind.

We have another one of those "lulls" or slow starts this week we will get beat by 25. They are relentless.

I hope it doesn't happen, the losing I mean, but I am still in favor of SP over JG regardless.
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,115 Messages
    1,977 Likes Received

If you don't think injuries, outside of one affecting the starting QB, has no affect on a team and shouldn't figure in the evaluation of a head coach and coaching staff... Then I can't see continuing this discussion because the point-of-view I'm facing is not grounded in reality.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,421 Messages
    1,474 Likes Received
    Not really.
  9. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,270 Messages
    662 Likes Received
    Garrett has earned a stay of execution.
  10. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am not a fan of Garrett but when he was hired we knew he was green and needed time to figure it all out. I haven't been excited by anything I've seen Jim do but I cannot justify him being fired without giving him a real chance to succeed. Give him three more years and a real GM.
  11. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,869 Messages
    862 Likes Received
    This question was a basic IQ test.

If you answered that Garrett is on the hot seat you have failed that test.
    The owner is the only one who can fire Garrett. And right now he's more likely to give him awkward man kisses than to fire him.

Does Jerry like SP? Of course he does and you can bet he is on his dream shortlist. But Jerry has hired 3 or 4 Garrett's not named Jason and known him since he was literally a kid. He really cares about Jason, his family and is loyal to a fault. He isn't firing Jason for anything close to a .500 record.

People on these forums really should try to think and respond logically instead of tossing out the spiel of what they want.
  12. preacher238

preacher238 Member

497 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I guess I should be surprised at the lack of credit given to JG by some of our "most knowledgeable posters" here at CZ.

But seriously, I am a JG fan. I admit that. I am willing to cut him some slack for mistakes while learning on the job. Even Bill The Genius Bellicheck did not become a great coach right away. Every coach needs time to mature and learn. And I am seeing that with JG. Yes, he has made mistakes that drive me nuts and make me want to yell and throw stuff. However, he seems to be learning more and more each week.

So no, I don't think he is on the hot seat. Yes, he has done a GREAT job, given all the injuries. Those of you who don't want to give him credit for that really need to examine your motives. You clearly have an agenda.
  13. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,235 Messages
    386 Likes Received
    I agree, the Cowboys were impressive last week and have won 5 out of 6, credit goes to JG. I think that takes the Holmgrens and Grudens out of play but I think Payton is still out there.
  14. Airbag

Airbag Active Member Zone Supporter

157 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    Dont confuse "most knowledgeable posters" with people who simply post a lot.

The idea of JG being "back" on the hot seat if we lose out is ridiculous.
  15. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,235 Messages
    386 Likes Received

I guess this is my feeling in a nutshell, if Payton is available you have to kick the tires, his age and resume dictates that. Despite some people predicting that he's not interested in this job, his actions or lack thereof have said differently.

I don't know if JG is feeling the pressure or what but last weeks game was the first time since week 1 that I felt that this team was better prepared than their opponent. If this continues for the next couple of weeks then JG is going to win a lot of us over.
  16. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,447 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    This

Some of our memories are not as short as others.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,076 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Garrett may be on the fans hot seat I don't think he is on Jerry's hot seat. I don't see Jerry firing Garrett after this season. I think Jones will give Garrett every opportunity to do the job.
  18. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,302 Messages
    1,266 Likes Received
    I still think if Garrett allows this team to fall short of the playoffs he needs to go. Nothing wrong with wanting more from your team. This team is showing that its good. Ive said it from the start this team is real good. They just werent prepared. Bad coaching at the begining of the yr crippled this team. Bad system for the players he had on offense. To me it seems like the system has changed, before everything seemed to be vertical even on 3rds and short. Just seems different. You have to wonder if somebody is in Garretts ear
  19. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Payton wants to come here Garrett is gone regardless
  20. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,350 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Unfortunately