1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is it illegal to not report a bribe or solicitation of a bribe in Illinois?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by JBond, Dec 10, 2008.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Obama's people claim he had talks with the pathetic Governor of Illinois about his replacement. After those talks his first choice withdrew from consideration. The Governor is on tape complaining Barack would not give him what he wanted. Is the fact that Barack or his people did not report the Governors actions a crime in Illinois?
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If it was before it's not now.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,657 Messages
    4,789 Likes Received
    I imagine it is illegal. But truthfully, we don't know who tipped off the Feds to this nonsense. Could've been anyone.

Also from my perspective, those who didn't report it, probably didn't want to get caught up in the wash anymore than they already have. Didn't want the Feds to look too closely in their direction.
  4. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I agree with you that no one wants the Feds more involved with their lives than necessary, but if is confirmed that Barack and his team knew the governor was selling the seat vacated by Obama, that is going to be a major problem. Why else would he have pulled the name he recommended? Obama is the king of Chicago politics and yet we are asked to believe he had no idea what his friend he endorsed twice was up too? Not plausible.

I give him props for walking away from the Governor’s solicitations. I hope he is the one that turned him in, but I doubt it. This investigation has been going on a long time. Obama’s alleged conversations were well after the investigation started. Tony Resko’s name keeps coming up also. It's going to be interesting to get all the details. This thing is not done by a long shot.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,657 Messages
    4,789 Likes Received
    I don't think Obama is the one who turned him in. I think this thing is closer to his White House aid Valerie Jarrett based on one of the articles I posted in the original thread.

It could be she got wind of it because Blago came to her with the same "What can you do for me" attitude and she turned him in to the Feds.

Or the Feds got wind of it cuz he was so blatant about it and any number of people could've turned him in. It reads like he felt he was untouchable so he was very careless in his dealings.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    I heard or read somewhere that someone speculated that it was Rahm Emanuel (sp?) who tipped the feds. Really don't know at this point.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,439 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    As blatant as this moron was I imagine the feds got more leads then they knew what to do with.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    Yeah...they should have an extra sentence for arrogance and stupidity as the article states that he even told someone that they were listening on his phone and yet still kept running his pie hole.
  9. arglebargle

arglebargle Well-Known Member

5,026 Messages
    139 Likes Received
    Yeah, knowing you are under investigation, and continuing to blatently yak about your illicit deals is major stoopid. What a maroon!

Wonder if the Lt Gov has managed to keep their nose clean, 'cause they will probably get to make the Senate appointment nod now..
  10. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,726 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I believe they are 0-2 on their Governors finishing their term as far as the last two go. I sure am glad Barack made his bones in Chicago. He must be the only honest guy in the entire state.
  11. DStaub

DStaub New Member

69 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao: Barack honest!?