1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is it me or did JG ruin TR?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by SHAMSzy, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,376 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Where are the adjustments? I saw GB make some really nice adjustments offensively when they played Seattle. Where is that from JG?
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    how do you adjust wide open dropped passes? GB adjusted to running the ball because Rodgers was getting the crud kicked out of him. In our only loss the plays were there all it required was WR/TE catching the ball. So why would I call off plays that are there for the taking?
  3. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,376 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Almost all the drops were in the first half. What about the 2nd half when we scored 0 points? What about last week when they had the ball most of the game and couldnt get on track offensively?

The Packers ran the ball and threw it to the backs as well. They worked the underneath stuff, which is something JG is incapable of doing and the whole NFL knows it.
  4. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,317 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    Once again, protect Romo and all this goes away.

Funny how there were those that said this all throughout training camp and were lambasted for the mere mention of this.

Protect Romo and he will light up the league.

Buy Walmart linemen and he will run for his life.

This is not calculus.
  5. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    Dallas did start hitting plays in the 2nd half of the Tampa game we also continued to commit penalties. Saying JG is incapable sorry not buying that.
  6. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

3,142 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    I would flip it around..TR ruined any chance of JG coordinating a successful scoring offense!
  7. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,251 Messages
    126 Likes Received
    Quality post.
  8. TwoDeep3

6,317 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    I do not blame Garrett for Romo's behavior. I think Jones has more of a hand in the season thus far with his ignoring the offensive line.

But Garrett is responsible for penalties.

So far, not so good. And it has been like this for a very long time under Garrett as the head coach and the co-head coach.
  9. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,599 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    He's trying to get him killed.

He needs to move the pocket, run more screens, roll him out, 3 step drops, quick hitters, anything to take the pressure off him. 5 and 7 step drops are asking for trouble with this line.

If you can't run the ball to keep the backers and safeties honest, make them cheat up by dinking and dunking them. Then you'll actually have a shot to stretch the field vertically.

Defenses just bracket us over the top and Garrett's playcalling forces Romo to consistently throw the ball in really tight windows.
  10. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    I think Jerry gives the coaches and scouts what they ask for. I don't think Jerry ignored anything he gets his input from the above. As for the coaches you bet it is their job to take this group of players and mold them into a team. Our OL is complete different than what was on the field last season and they are having a hard time, Callahan has talked about this and I think they are trying to address it. Will they or won't they we will find out, we clearly have a mountain in front of us given the next few teams we will face.
  11. TwoDeep3

6,317 Messages
    2,154 Likes Received
    I'd say since there is so much evidence from former coach quotes to former player's quotes that illustrate Jerry makes the final decision, and he does so after gathering all the information then deciding what the team will do. It is difficult to defend the Jerry gives them what they want position for anyone who actually believes that.

Does some of that mean the coaches get what they want?

Sometimes.

But anyone who looks at this offensive line and thinks that Garrett and company asked for these players is delusional.

Or this is an indictment on Garrett.

I used to defend Jerry at every turn on this board back when it was called something else. I argued for days about Jerry and how he gets it. I think that was a decade ago.

I stopped defending him a few years ago, but kept quiet.

I now speak my mind because the jury is in.

Now the thread can go back to being what it was.
  12. jaybird

jaybird Active Member

704 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    It's you.

Our OL is systematically starting to ruin Romo.
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,652 Messages
    1,399 Likes Received
    Where did you get the All-22 film from games played from 2006 to 2010?

I've used my eyes and think Romo has gotten better each season. I don't need stats to come to that conclusion; however, I can use stats to back up my opinion of what my eyes see.
  14. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,917 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    This is a odd post because IMO Romo has gotten better each and every year he's played in this league.
  15. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

9,137 Messages
    1,356 Likes Received
    It's definitely on the offensive line. Not just poor blocking, but also their false starts, which have put us in horrible down and distances.

Jason Witten dropping a lot of key passes hasn't helped either. Witten puts us in first down position on his first drop against the bucs, and his second drop probably costs us 4 points on that drive.

Our inability to run the ball also isn't helping put up points.
  16. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    delusional is to think Jerry is picking the players on his own, You bet he has a final say but the info is not him out scouting players it is coaches and scouts who provide this info. I'm not defending anything but this notion that good players are the coaches and scout picks but bad players is Jerry? Give me a break.
  17. jimnabby

jimnabby Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,966 Messages
    764 Likes Received
    Could not possibly disagree with you more. In 2009 and 2011 (and, I think, this year), we saw the "gunslinger" Tony early in the season, and the result was tons of turnovers. In 2009 and 2011 (and hopefully this year), he got it out of his system early and was a bit more cautious through the rest of the season. And both times, he was spectacular later in the season when he was more in control of himself and taking fewer chances. That's the guy I want to see come back this year. Gunslinger Tony is overrated. Controlled Tony is a truly elite QB.
  18. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kind of like he did against Tampa he tried to get cute and he fumbled twice and had a pick.
  19. Doomsday101

78,057 Messages
    3,535 Likes Received
    True but it is not just Romo I see other QB even the elite make mistakes. People act as if Romo is the only QB in the league who will throw an ill advised pass and that is so far off the mark. Brees, Rodgers, Brady and Manning all make mistakes they know better.
  20. preacher238

preacher238 Member

497 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Bunch of idiots...good grief! Is this what this board has come to?

Morons.......

:bang2: