1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Is It Possible For Music To Be So Beautiful...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by HogsRLegends, Oct 4, 2007.

1. HogsRLegends

HogsRLegends New Member

646 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That a bunch of teenagers stop talking and just start listening? I am a teacher and always play a song during warmup...usually a rock song or one I've let the students pick (with me screening it first).

Today I played "All For You" by Julio Iglesias and Diana Ross. I wanted to see how the students would react. I heard a few "who is this singing" and the room just began to quiet down...and nobody scoffed at the song.
  2. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,595 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    That's pretty cool. I have never heard of the song but to get teenagers to stop talking is a major accomplishment. :laugh2:
  3. superpunk

superpunk Benched

26,328 Messages
    73 Likes Received
  4. HogsRLegends

HogsRLegends New Member

646 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't ordinarily listen to this kind of music, but there are rare instances where you can't help but appreciate 2 voices like this...heard it yesterday by chance and wanted to see if it would be scoffed at...and it wasn't.

Kind of wish I had a voice like that, would make picking up the babes EASY.
  5. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    "Disco Duck" has the same calming effect on me.
  6. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You can't go wrong with the classics...
  7. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,533 Messages
    300 Likes Received
  8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

8,830 Messages
    2,007 Likes Received
    I would have scoffed, or been asking what this crap was. But I'm not a teenager.