1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is it time to declare Claiborne a bust?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AmberBeer, Apr 16, 2014.

1. dbonham

dbonham Active Member

197 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Shut down the forums til May
    CowboyStar88, egn22 and casmith07 like this.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,528 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    I remember the Tyron Smith bust threads.
    Floaty likes this.
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,528 Messages
    1,847 Likes Received
    **** that. I would've been able to get 12 picks despite all of that.

#DAZONE
  4. theSHOW

theSHOW Well-Known Member

2,736 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    I think Jordan is going to be a bust. This is a different player. Jordan is not strong enough for the NFL. top 3 pick lol.
    And he (Morris) may be a bust. Stick around. Injuries don't always allow players to play. Everybody knows that this year is huge for Claiborne and another member of the backfield, safety Matt Thompson
  5. theSHOW

2,736 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Cornell Green made the successful move.
    Floaty likes this.
  6. theSHOW

2,736 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Now we still have them...about his Bust in Canton! Yeah!!
    casmith07 likes this.
  7. theSHOW

2,736 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne (shoulder surgery) expects to be ready for OTAs.
    "I’m feeling great," he said. "I feel like my mind is getting stronger as well as my body. Just rehabbing every day and trying to get stronger. I’ll be ready for when we start up our workouts and on to OTAs and minicamp." Coming off two lost seasons, the No. 6 overall pick of the 2012 draft will be under the microscope as Big D's defense attempts to bounce back from its disastrous 2013. I predict a good year for Claiborne. Not a #6 in the draft type of year, but a good year nonetheless. Can he stay healthy is my question...
    We keep drafting injured guys or guys that had various injuries in College and then we are surprised when they get hurt at the next level. It seems like a couple of guys that we take every year are still in recovery on draft day. Guess the problem is no one wears a sign that says "injury prone" so when do you pick the guy that drops and when to you pass? We seem to be one of the teams doing the picking and we seem to be one of the teams with the most injury problems. Cause and effect? Who knows...but it's enough of a coincidence for the team to take notice...And Mo didn't have injury concerns coming out of college. Injury will always be part of the game & unpredictable. It it is no coincidence that Dallas has probably been the least healthiest team in the league over the past 3 or 4 years. Look at our Draft history... all these guys who have been routinely injured for us generally had the same problems in college not including Mo. I am more concern with identifying players who have a high threshold to play through pain & injuries. Jerry took calculated risks & the reason Dallas was able to get those players where they did.
  8. theSHOW

2,736 Messages
    845 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,118 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Frankly I doubt he will ever be good enough to warrant what we gave up to get him and where he was picked.
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,959 Messages
    3,903 Likes Received
    Claiborne is not a bust, yeah.
  11. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,222 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    It's early I agree but not far too early, I mean the guy has been on the roster for 2 years now and the 2014 year is going to be a big one for him.
  12. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,222 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    No it doesn't, it speaks to the development of the 6th overall pick or lack thereof.
    jnday likes this.
  13. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,790 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Hes already a bust. He might turn out to be an average cb but for what Jerry gave up he'll always be a bust. He was a 3rd round talent at best so its not claibornes fault.
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,262 Messages
    2,822 Likes Received
    He was rated as the #1 defensive player in the draft on most NFL draft boards. Kind of hard to believe now isn't it?
    StarBoyz83 likes this.
  15. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,596 Messages
    724 Likes Received
    Where you in a Waffle House or a Burger King when you heard this? He was rated the best CB in the draft and in the top 10 players over all.
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  16. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,146 Messages
    2,988 Likes Received
    I probably should answer this question because these types of threads are usually about the OP trying to get attention, but I will anyway.

You look at where you are with a player today and move forward. Draft status is no longer important. He has not lived up to his draft status, but he is still a very good #3 CB and is not super expensive. There's not need to "declare" anything. If he gets better, then the re-sign him when his contract is over; otherwise, they move on.

It would be different if he had a huge contract, but he doesn't; therefore, no decision needs to be made.
  17. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Give me an example of him playing poorly the 2nd half of the Denver game, the Washington game, either Eagles game, the Detroit game, or the 2nd Giants game.
  18. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,479 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    And Dez...
    CowboyStar88 and casmith07 like this.
  19. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,105 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    Is it really well documented, or well lamented?
  20. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    He ain't a bust, when we get a pass rush out secondary all of a sudden gets that much better, with the guys we have idk much about any pass rush
    big dog cowboy likes this.