1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Jerry feverishly planning his GM escape?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Jan 28, 2013.

1. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    So then how one handles a tragic situation is really not a valid criteria for being a good coach...

Further, I have no idea what you define as progress, when the win column is stuck at average...
  2. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    not when you go 2-14......

Further, I know you have no idea what I define as progress
  3. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,796 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    He does not realize, as other Cowboy fans don't, that an inch here or there (Dez's finger), a wrong read here or there by either Romo or a receiver, or the defense giving up leads, among other gaffes, and the horrible oline, that there was no progress.

As the saying goes, football is a game of inches. With just one or two breaks go the Cowboys way and this is a whole different conversation.

Consider the source, FYI.
  4. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Hmm...

Wouldn't rising be progress ?

8-8 and then 8-8 seems the same to me not progressive.

Perhaps I misread that one. :confused:
  5. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I said Garretts team is rising....and I also said its not showing in the wins yet.....both are possible.....
  6. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,384 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    Where is the overall progress ?

Defensively ? Offeinsively ? Seriously...not even trying to be a jerk here...where ?

They seem about the same, on par as the record states.
  7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,796 Messages
    1,192 Likes Received
    It's average as of now for two years.

Your Redskins are on top. Kudos for that.

The Cowboy team has not been revealed this year. At least they have some draft pics left.
  8. dadymat

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    dont really feel like having that discussion, its been hashed out this board over and over since season ended...I (and many others) see what I see, and others see what they see....I already know what the response will be to any answer I give to your question .... im not trying to be a jerk either, I just know the routine.
  9. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,840 Messages
    1,240 Likes Received
    Any progress made was minimal at best.

8-8 to 8-8 is status quo for a results oriented endeavor.

The sunshiners here hope that what they seem to perceive can be considered progress.
  10. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Next year they will be an improved 8-8. Even you will see the drastic improvement. I read the thread title and Jerry was being mentioned as being out as GM and fever. Not wishing him bad health, but it did give me hope.
  11. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

4,840 Messages
    1,240 Likes Received
    Like a healthy 8-8?
  12. T-RO

T-RO Well-Known Member

4,391 Messages
    311 Likes Received
    This. And I really have to wonder aloud about the Jones defenders. Do they even love the Cowboys?

Jones has got it covered A thru Z finding ways to undermine, embarrass and overtly sabotage this team. He is a bonafide innovator at blowing this team up. Loving the Cowboys REQUIRES hating Jerry Jones. Truly. Deeply. Vocally. He is our #1 nemesis.

Long live the REBELLION. Watch the MOVEMENT spread.
  13. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    LOL Something like that.
  14. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,555 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    I do not believe a word from the Hope and Change group that thinks nothing will change if the team actually starts to win consistently.

Frankly, I want the team to go back to the Super Bowl. But I also am smart enough to know sometimes you have to walk before you can run. Building to a championship is legitimate and acceptable.

Getting deep in the play-offs then reverting to the ******** 8-8 this team seems to achieve with ease is not acceptable.

But the great unwashed that makes claim that people will still gripe is the usual complaining from those that accept 8-8 and somehow through rose-colored glasses see that as 13-3 next season without giving it a moment's thought.

Mediocre is not enough. And repeatedly posting 8-8 doesn't get it no matter what the process is.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,055 Messages
    3,972 Likes Received
    Wait...what?
  16. TwoDeep3

5,555 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    Meaning there is a contingent here that always expects next year to be 13-3 and that 8-8 is the building block of the triumphant return to the top.

These would be the same people who complain about others and suggest nothing would change with some who dissect each aspect of the team, if the team started winning.

We are in a new era with this team now and some people need to understand that things have changed.

Gone are the days of believing every year is a possible success year. Because so many rudderless campaigns have been stacked on atop another that buying the hype is beyond unbelievable.

That isn't sour grapes, nor is it giving up hope.

It is sixteen years of muddled crapola with another year of changing the guard because the non-football guy decreed it.

Will I be pleased if this team were to get to a division playoff game?

Absolutely.

But there are strings on that.

Did the team take a quantum leap in the foundation of the franchise wherein the talent base is evident, and the team is making talent strides forward?

Or was it a lucky season where Eli goes down to injury, the Oregon head coach finds the NFL ain't feared of his offense, and RG III has a serious lingering effect from the stupidity of Shanahan, meaning Dallas backs into winning the East because the other guys crap out, isn't going to cut it.

Put the pieces in place, have a defense with teeth, an offense that protects Romo and allows him to play unfettered of worrying about his health, and I can take a 9-7 and missing the play-offs.

Be competitive for four quarters, and not choke on success and I'm there.
  17. Idgit

28,055 Messages
    3,972 Likes Received
    Oh. I guess I just don't remember seeing a lot of people expecting 13-3.

For the most part, I think most posters would content themselves with the idea of steady, moderate improvement without complaining constantly about every little decision the organization makes.
  18. TwoDeep3

5,555 Messages
    1,184 Likes Received
    The pre-season hyperbole every year has this team somewhere between 10-6 and 13-3 for some. A lot more than perhaps you are giving weight.

You'll need to get used to the complaining since the team can't find consistency beyond mediocrity.

This is a new age, and the numbers are growing in the league of the unsatisfied.

Change is difficult for some.
  19. Idgit

28,055 Messages
    3,972 Likes Received
    If you're going to revise your range downward a whole three games to 10-6, then you can at least get into an neighborhood where your observation makes sense, I guess. Though I hardly consider 10-6 for a team that went 8-8 the season prior and who spent a lot in the ensuing offseason to be rampant enthusiasm.

What it sounds like you're saying, though, is that in this new age, StanleySpadowski might not pick us to go 13-3 again. I'd probably have to agree with that, but I guess we'd have to ask Stanley to know for sure.