1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Jerry stupid enough to let another team hire Rob Ryan as their HC?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheRat, Nov 5, 2012.

1. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Could Jerry handle the backlash that would ensue if Ryan leaves to be the HC of another team, or would he give in and fire Garrett to promote Rob Ryan as HC?

Edit: title should read "stupid enough"
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,304 Messages
    1,253 Likes Received
    Stupid? No. Loyal to perhaps a fault? Possibly.

I just wish Garrett could learn how to coach on someone elses dime instead of ours and we could get him back after he's proven himself a bit.
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,622 Messages
    2,176 Likes Received
    I don't want either as the HC. Ryan is fine where he is but I don't think Jerry fires Garrett just so he doesn't lose Ryan.

He needs to hire a new HC with innovative thinking and let him bring in his own coaches whether it it involves Ryan or not.
  4. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,902 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I wish Garrett could learn to:

- manage the game clock and the flow of the game in general

- call appropriate plays

- prepare his players and not have them walking around clueless half the time

- be able to relate to and motivate his players on both sides of the ball

- etc.

Our dime or someone else's dime that is too many deficiencies for him to overcome to become a legit NFL head coach.
  5. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan needs to be cleaned out with the rest of the losers. His defense couldnt find a turnover in a bakery. Dont make the same mistake we made in 2010. THEY. ALL. MUST. GO.
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,126 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    I think by now he's proven himself. Just not in the good way.

I also think it's a foregone conclusion that he's out the door this off-season.
  7. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan's defense gets stops, but really fails in crunch time ala ravens game/giants game when we took a 24-23 lead although they were the reason we did get back into the game, just talking about when we desperately need one huge stop, they did get a stop against Carolina with help from the officials & let the Falcons get a FG with under a minute left before the half & then drain 5 minutes off the clock. Rob Ryan doesn't deserve the HC title either.... If things don't turn around with Garrett this season, then either Payton-Cowher- or Gruden have to be given the power
  8. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,347 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Is Jerry stupid enough to let 2 playcallers who clearly blew Garrett off the field walk (Sparano/Payton)?

To me Garrett is an absolute embarrassment as a coach. Sparano was demoted from playcaller here when Garrett came in and the offense has done nothing but spiral downward. And that comes after adding 3 #1's (Dez, Smith, Felix) a #2 Bennett, and a #3 (Murray) on O.

Hiring Garrett was a Jerry ego move all the way because it had to be his guy and not a "Parcells" guy ala Sparano, Payton, or Haley.
  9. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,163 Messages
    1,938 Likes Received
    Ryan has done OK.

Listen, they've they've stocked the defense for him...

I frankly haven't see anything particularly great coaching wise from Ryan.
  10. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

7,012 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    What's so great about Rob Ryan again....Defense can't stop anyone in key situations, doesn't get consistant pressure and doesn't create turnovers...seen this same story for years now...
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,128 Messages
    7,850 Likes Received
    God, I hope not.
  12. dexternjack

6,622 Messages
    2,176 Likes Received
    Ryan has had his moments, but he is far from a "great" coach. I like his attitude and cockiness, but I don't think he would be a solid HC anytime soon. The defense was stacked for him to succeed, but injuries have taken their toll.
  13. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    If Jerry was smart, he should be ensuring a good DC is being groomed behind RYAN... right now...I don't care if RYAN walks or gets a HC job...But the Cowboys GM should be wise enough to have a replacement ready to step in....and keep the D ready to go.
  14. dexternjack

6,622 Messages
    2,176 Likes Received
    Don't worry, he has Campo on speed dial :)
  15. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is he stupid enough to let Jason Garrett continue to coach this team? I don't give a rip about Rob Ryan.
  16. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,447 Messages
    1,052 Likes Received
    Would rather have Rob then the RHM.
  17. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

2,004 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    :lmao: OMG I needed a good laugh....:bow:
  18. Kaika

Kaika Have a Good Day Pilgrims

2,697 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He'd still be a Jerry yes man.:cool:
  19. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,847 Messages
    1,610 Likes Received
    Rob Ryan has done ok, this defense makes some fundamental errors that speak more to the football IQ of the players then the coaching staff imo. I can point to 4 specific plays from last night.

- The first was a real face palm-er. When the Falcons scored that touchdown, Turner's running to the goal line and Gerald Sensabaugh literally runs into him with his arms like this picture below

[IMG]

Does anybody know how to make a proper form tackle?

-Second, two players: Scandrick and McCray. When attempting to make an open field tackle as a DB, you're not supposed to go running 100 miles an hour to the person with the football. You're taught to break down, as you see Charles Woodson in the picture below, and react to the player. When you go to ball with no control you end up on your belly (Scandrick) or your back (McCray)
    [IMG]

- The other two plays were minor. The Ware sack/fumble where Josh Brent bellyflopped or whatever he did and didnt come up with the ball. There's a certain way you're taught to the fall on the football and thats not it.

The other play was concerning Morris Claiborne. In the first quarter I believe it was Roddy White who ran a crossing route, Mo a few steps behind tried to deflect the pass with his left arm, the one on the opposite side of the ball. White was going to make the catch regardless, but this error in technique led to more YAC because Claiborne ended up on the ground. Even in basketball you're taught as an off the ball defender that if you try to deflect a pass you should do so with the hand/arm closest to the ball, not to go across your body because you lose position.
  20. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,347 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Jason Campo is already in the building.