1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Jerry stupid enough to let another team hire Rob Ryan as their HC?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheRat, Nov 5, 2012.

1. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,013 Messages
    391 Likes Received
    I don't care what you guys say about Ryan I think he's done a pretty good job. Everyone on defense loves to play for him and the defense has been the only bright spot this season. Sure it needs work. But slowly from one of the worst last year, to one of the best this year, you have to give credit where its due, Ryan has changed our defense around.
  2. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

1,866 Messages
    503 Likes Received
    No one has ever explained to me why on earth Rob Ryan should be our next HC. His defense is very underwhelming. No thanks.
  3. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

Definitely loyal to a fault. Campo, Wilson, DeCamillas. Anyone with the surname Garrett.
  4. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like Rob, However I don't believe any team will be beating his door down to make him H.C.
  5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,587 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    I wouldn't hire Rob as head coach, either. He's another unknown in that regard, and Dallas doesn't need that. What the Cowboys need is someone who has done it before and done it well.
  6. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

2,446 Messages
    280 Likes Received
    This team needs an offensive minded person as coach...and no...I do not believe Jason G qualifies as an offensive minded person.
  7. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,672 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Pretty much this, give this LB corp and our CBs to just about any DC and they'll have a good season
  8. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,176 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    I have been saying this since he first got hired here.

I have nothing against Garrett, he's just way too inexperienced. By the time he gets experience and gets his groove, it will be time to rebuild this team as the main components will be ready to retire.

That loyalty will have Jerry keep Garrett around here way too long before he realizes he needs to make a move to get the team going. By the time he does anything, it will be too late (in my opinion).

It was a bad hire, no matter what the rah rah crowd says. And I'm sticking to that.
  9. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I am sure Ryan can do as good a job as his brother is doing with the Jets.
  10. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,156 Messages
    1,101 Likes Received
    All that may be true... It doesn't mean that he is HC material however.
  11. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,812 Messages
    1,076 Likes Received
    Same job that Garrett had done under Wade, but he was promoted. Just saying.
  12. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received

He's offensive enough to me.
  13. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,176 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    This.

The ryan love around here is borderline ********. The guy is barely more deserving than I am to coach this team.

Get the heck out of here w this Ryan as HC nonsense
  14. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

18,759 Messages
    841 Likes Received
    This has become the de facto cowboyszone way of late. Creating an actually reasonable topic but using a leading statement in the title.

Another in the long line of temper tantrum posts.

Rob Ryan is interesting. He is destined to get a shot at some point soon and this team as well as 10 or so other could be looking for a head coach at season's close.

But what has Rob Ryan done to suggest he'd be a good HEAD Coach? Does Dallas really want to follow 1st timer Garrett with 1st timer Rob?

I'd argue not. If we do can Garrett, it may be for the best that Rob gets a head gig in say, Tennessee. We'd then be free of both coordinators and could hire a PROVEN coach and let him hire his own staff.

Would I rather have Peyton than Rob? Heck yes. Sean is staying in NOLA? OK, give me Gruden. Can't get either and it looks like we have to go defense? Ok I'd interview Mike Singletary and Dick Nolan. Maybe we need attention to detail types who will get in a player's face.

End of the day I am not against hiring Rob Ryan but he is hardly the top guy I'd want nor a guy I'd rue leaving for another gig.

We panicked with Jason and see how that has worked out.

Ask yourself what if we had lost Garrett to BMore and instead hired Harbaugh or lost him to ATL and hired Mike Smith here?
  15. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If this offense wasn't so awful in not being able to score, you would probably see a more aggressive defense. This defense cannot afford to bring a lot of pressure, because if it does, it can get burned. They simply know they cannot rely on the offense to score.
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,226 Messages
    674 Likes Received
    That doesn't make any sense.
  17. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

2,750 Messages
    105 Likes Received
    rob ryan sucks. wish we never hired him. he is way over rated.it will be good if some one hired him away from us
  18. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yes to sum up this conversation.
  19. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,334 Messages
    3,564 Likes Received
    He has improved in year two, but you cannot say he has "turned around" the defense.

If that was the case they would have stopped the Falcons with the game on the line.

For Ryan to get a head coaching shot, he needs something to speak for him. A dominant defense, at least once in his whole coaching career, would be a start.

Being "good" or "pretty good" makes him nothing more than a more mouthy Mike Zimmer.
  20. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,300 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    Yes. /End of thread :p: