1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Jerry stupid enough to let another team hire Rob Ryan as their HC?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by TheRat, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,728 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    I understand what you're saying, but given that logic, Wade Phillips would make a good head coach. The same could be said for Buddy, and he wasn't really that good of a head coach. NFL history is littered with guys who were very good to great coordinators, but lousy head coaches.

The defense has played much better this year, and Rob should get a good bit of credit for that. Of course, he's also benefitted from an addition of talent (Claiborne, Carr, a much improved Carter, a reincarnated Sims). And we still don't create turnovers, get any kind of consistent pass rush (even with Ware), or play well in critical situations.
  2. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,915 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    What makes you think Rob Ryan the HC would be an improvement? I mean, I like the direction of our defense, as should every fan, but that doesn't automatically mean he could do the same for the team as a whole.
  3. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,450 Messages
    169 Likes Received
    I'm not sure that Ryan wouldn't make a better HC than DC.
  4. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,770 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    Because his brother Rex is doing so well right?

:bang2:
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,927 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Ryan hasn't even proven himself as a solid DC in my opinion. He has yet to be part of a team that's won more than 8 games. Last week his defense couldn't make a stop in the final minutes with the game on the line. Although the defense has played pretty well it's had breakdowns against Seattle and Chicago and it doesn't create turnovers.

His twin brother is on the hot seat in NY as a HC and I don't see Rob getting any head coaching opportunity anytime soon if ever. Until he builds a great defense that can win games he'll be stuck bouncing from team to team as a coordinator.
  6. houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat Benched

149 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You still might get Sean Payton before it's all over with...