1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Jerry taking more public heat than we've ever seen before?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MaineBoy, Nov 9, 2012.

1. MaineBoy

MaineBoy Member

430 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    The costa interview questions, reporters in the locker room reminding him of his 16 year drought and asking if he should step aside for the good of the team, even Roger the Dodger commenting on national radio that Jerry is struggling with too much and needs to delegate....Has he ever been under fire this publicly from so many sides?

If we lose Sunday it could get hotter still. Of course it may all just mean we remain the most exciting 8-8 team in the nfl.
  2. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,829 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    I was going to post something similar. In the 5-11 days, at least the glory days weren't very far behind. Even the happy fans can't support Jerry's ineptitude anymore.
  3. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys Active Member

946 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    The most since his 1st six months with the Cowboys when he got rid of Landry and the rest, made his "Pick of the Litter" remark about the Cheerleaders.
  4. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I don't think so.

It's just that its become the perfect storm.

Everyone can see we have talented players but we don't look anything on the field like some of the other talented teams. Something seems off.

So when people expect us to be good and we are just flat out bad the cause of the teams problems get highlighted.

Poor structure, poor front office, poor head coach.

And there is only one man who is in charge of that and he is ignorant and keeps telling everyone how good we are and talks about superbowls.

I think finally every fan is just plain tired of the jones family. Tired of seeing them on tv, hearing them on the radio and watching them get so much face time during our games.

We are all fans of the football team, the sport, not the wealthy family who owns it. Yet they do not understand that and there is a complete disconnect between the jones family and the fans.

The browns game could be a game changer. This city is sick of Jerry. Plain and simple.
  5. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,516 Messages
    1,322 Likes Received
    He took more heat the first year and then after the 5-11's.
    That's why he hired Bill Parcells.

All the heat brought positive changes as I am guessing this will too.

This team could go on a nice run now and Jerry gets the last laugh. Or they fall in a couple games in the new few weeks and I think we see Jerry make major changes.
  6. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,829 Messages
    1,777 Likes Received
    I will give you his first year, that was a tough situation. I don't remember all of this heat during the 5-11 years. It was just kind of expect. This Cowboys team has had much higher expectations in recent years and has been very disappointing to watch.
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,536 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    I think so. People are challenging him more now and his excuses are getting harder and harder to sell as the team just continues losing.

Again, it's not even about making him change. If he insists on destroying this franchise, he should have to do it under hostile conditions. He should be the most hated man in Texas.
  8. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,638 Messages
    4,904 Likes Received
    That heat was perceived.

The real heat back when Parcells was hired was becoming irrelevant.

Right now, the Dallas Cowboys still carry the maximum number of nationally televised games. They are the most valuable team in professional sports.

As long as the team on the field is at five hundred level, people will watch to see them lose and fans will still be interested and that is all Jerry Jones cares about when it comes right down to it. This thing about him wanting a "winner" so bad only means that he wants his team to be relevant and profitable. That is why boring is never a good thing for him. As long as there is a marketing angle, he's at his most interested.

Those Campo teams that made him "change" (he really did not) were getting less exposure, were losing relevance and even when they could be seen on national TV, they were getting dismantled.

It will take something similar to see him make the kind of change that is needed.
  9. Risen Star

21,536 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    The problem is he doesn't need another stadium built anytime soon.
  10. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

946 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    But aren't the Cowboy's locked into a 30 yr deal, can't move and have to make payments?

That gives the disgruntled fans more leverage.
  11. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,359 Messages
    853 Likes Received
    Do you think he cares?

Dude will buy all those reporters and their families.
  12. Risen Star

21,536 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    Sure. If you think the fans would actually unite and boycott the product. I don't see that ever happening.

It seems like most fans believe they are powerless. I think the truth is they hold the power to change Jerry tomorrow. They just won't ever make the sacrifice to do it.

Jerry can talk all he wants about how he'll never do this or that. Once his wallet takes a hit, he'll make whatever changes are needed to recover.
  13. Cas2800

Cas2800 Member

383 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Not really. Pepole who purchased season tickets also had to purchase the 30 year seat option. Thaty means your locking into your seats for 30 years or you find someone to buy them from you. Its just like a mortage.
  14. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I can't believe that this would actually be true. Is there some place you saw this or do you know for a fact? Seems silly that anyone would buy season tickets under those conditions. I can't imagine he sold many if this is the case.
  15. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,213 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    You also have to remember Jerry felt the heat under campo and switched to parcels to help get the votes for his stadium approval.
  16. Risen Star

21,536 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    Ya know I never picked up on that when it happened. I actually thought Jerry just got desperate enough with all the losing to bring in a Parcells to clean it up.

Not one of my proudest moments. It's so obvious now, even without Jerry admitting it while on the sauce.
  17. BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

946 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    If the following drops enough, JJ may lose sponsors.
  18. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Quick google search confirmed my thought that this was complete BS.
  19. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,999 Messages
    2,226 Likes Received
    In terms of results, the comparisons between now and the Campo years aren't so farfetched. If the Cowboys fail to make the postseason this year, it will be their third consecutive non-playoff season.

The last time the Cowboys failed to make the playoffs three years straight was under Campo.

This year, the Cowboys are on their way to a 6-10 finish. That would give them five more wins over the last three years than Campo had over his three years. It's fitting since Campo could never win more than five games in a season.
  20. Risen Star

21,536 Messages
    8,485 Likes Received
    Remember in Campo's presser when he was hired they talked about going back to the Jimmy way?

Good times.