1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Mike Jenkins protecting himself?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xvendettax914, Nov 15, 2012.

1. xvendettax914

xvendettax914 Active Member

181 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    Listening to talkin' Cowboys this mornong, broaddus brought up that mike Jenkins may be "protecting" in other words exaggerating his back injury to protect himself from any injuries with the season halfway through and knowing his FA status. What do you all think about this?
  2. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i guess its possible. if so, he should just be put on IR
  3. panchucko

panchucko I'm too excited to sleep.. Zone Supporter

1,960 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    I think the less he plays the less money he will get next year.
    I have never had back issues, but I have seen some guys around here that have. When their back hurts it hurts.
    So I doubt he is faking it.
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    He's just confirming that he's injury prone
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,869 Messages
    889 Likes Received
    He'd be a fool not to, in my opinion. If he gets hurt worse, no one is gonna give him money out of pity. Luckily, we aren't relying on him to play every down.
  6. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,641 Messages
    565 Likes Received
    So, a player known for making "business decisions" on the field is making a business decision off the field. Noooo, it can't be.

I said it before the season started that Jenkins would do just enough to get a long term contract from some other team. I am guessing that his agent has told him what he can expect contract-wise next year. And Jenkins probably liked what he heard.

I always liked Jenkins as a player, but, he seems like the type of player right now who doesn't really care if the Cowboys win or lose. Whatever.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,953 Messages
    2,170 Likes Received
    I don't like questioning players when it comes to injuries, I think it is a pretty cheap shot by him to make that claim.
  8. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,554 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    Sorry, but I think this is 100% wrong. Jenkins does not have the reputation that will command big dollars. He has been replaced with a rookie and has a history of inconsistent play to say the least. If ever there was a player that needed ever second of playing time he could get, it's Mike Jenkins. If the rest of the season goes the same way, he will little to no interest in him especially for big dollars. Now, maybe he is so stupid not to realize this but I doubt it.
  9. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,861 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    of course he is protecting himself. Just like the Cowboys did when they signed Carr and drafted Claiborne. Somehow I wish we could move Scandrick...and give his money to Jenkins. But Mike Jenkins played hurt last year. And I am sure he thought the good will he showed playing hurt instead of shutting it down and getting surgery would be considered when it came time to talk money. Well it wasn't. So I guess he is in no hurry to do the Cowboys any favors.

He was in the same draft class as Brandon Carr and Scandrick. And he was a 1st rounder...they were 5th rounders. They have gotten paid. He has not. He wants his money. And he should. Too bad it is not going to happen in Dallas....because I think he can play.
  10. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,086 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    I would trade Scandrick for Jenkins as well.

I can't stand seeing Scandricks teeth everytime he screws up!
  11. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,554 Messages
    321 Likes Received
    He has had one decent season. What has he done to deserve to get paid?
  12. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,824 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Mike can sit all he wants, but he is still just one hit from being done for the season. I have had soldier injuries and they won't heal completely at any time during his career.
  13. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,833 Messages
    2,691 Likes Received
    Agree. Just shows what a clown Broaddus is.
  14. bbailey423

4,861 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    He's done more than Scandrick....but maybe they like Scandricks work ethic more. Mike reminds me of a kid we had a couple of years ago...Kevin Burnett. A talented guy....played well when healthy...but I remember him not being all that into being a Dallas Cowboys. And could not wait to get back to the West Coast at the end of his deal. I recall...not sure where.....Mike wanting to get back to South Florida if he could. So again....maybe they don't like his attitude.
  15. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,044 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    He showed enough on tapes to scouts and other teams, that he can still cover. Even missing a whole off season.

He is alright..and will do great in FA

The only thing teams will question, is his durability. Even that won't be enough to scare them.
  16. bbailey423

4,861 Messages
    445 Likes Received
    The Redskins need secondary help in the worst way. Would hate to see him end up in Washington. He can play. His agent I am sure has his ear plugged into NFL circles. He will not be out of work long this offseason.
  17. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,630 Messages
    190 Likes Received
    He is probably making another "business decision".

Dude is done. Has no will to play, Get him outta here.
  18. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,674 Messages
    1,574 Likes Received
    Dude has sacrificed his body for the team and you guys are dog piling on him. I doubt he is doing anything except what the staff recommends he do.
  19. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Sacrificed his body? Have you watched him? If he makes a hit, and that is really infrequent, he rolls around on the ground like he is dying. The guy has not shown me anything to repair the damage to his reputation he created in 2010 when he refused to tackle.
  20. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,521 Messages
    1,287 Likes Received
    These clowns all have agendas. The first thing that comes out their mouth regarding Jenkins is "2010". They completely ignore last year, he played on that bum shoulder all year long and was without question the best corner and made many solid tackles. Hell it wasnt but a few weeks ago he was still being clamored as the best corner on this roster