1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is MLB the only sport left not fixed?

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by juck, Sep 25, 2012.

1. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    I mean refs control every other sport to the max. Vegas has no sports teams for a reason.
  2. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Baseball refs have been terrible for ever ever moving strike zones :lmao:
  3. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,874 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    The umps always have a nice strike zone for the Yankees tho.
  4. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :rolleyes:
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    Yes, everything's fixed and against your teams.
  6. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    True dat lol
  7. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Against ur team as well.
  8. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,971 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    Yankees - Lakers - Cowboys
  9. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    I don't see why anyone who was convinced Sports were fixed, would bother to watch. As a kid, I LOVED professional wrestling, but once I realized it was fake, I stopped watching. Almost instantly. The day I believe the NFL is fixed or choreographed, I'm done. Done watching, done carring and done in general, just no point imo.
  10. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They helped out Glavin and Maddux I know old braves fan
  11. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,334 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    MLB is probably historically the dirtiest pro sport in America :laugh2:
  12. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    All day every day.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Baseball has been just about the only sport that isn't "tainted" by officiating for a while.

Now, they have a huge steroid problem and always will because the cheaters are ahead of the game at every step of the way.

But as far as officiating goes, there are more judgement calls in a single baseball game then there are in any other sport.

Every pitch is a judgement call, every close play at first and every close play at any base.

But, for the most part I think the baseball officials get the calls rights. Now, maybe it's because baseball leaves little room for doubt. There is no joint possession rule and there isn't a lot of the BS that there is in the NFL regarding subjectivity.

Baseball has it's rules and they change very little. By nature, they really can't change all that much.

Every year the NFL institutes about a half dozen new rules and the rulebook has become so cumbersome and convoluted that on any given day, you're likely to get opposite rulings on similar plays. Also, the breadth of the rulebook often times over rules common sense. I guess in the flimsiest of stances you could say there was joint possession last night in the Packers game but any person with a set of eyes and understanding of the game would flat out agree that the Packer intercepted that ball. This isn't basketball where merely touching the ball is enough to cause a "Jump Ball" and thus award possession to the receiver.

Baseball is likely at the top in terms of on-field performance although they have less to take into consideration than football or basketball does.
  14. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,971 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    It's confusing, but do what you do I guess haha.
  15. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,163 Messages
    332 Likes Received
    why is it confusing?
  16. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    Baseball is rigged in other ways. Yankees $200 million plus in payroll, KC Royals $61 million. Heck even an average teams like the Rockies have no shot to sustain winning baseball at $80 million. Sports is suppose to be about competition, that isnt very competitive.
  17. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    It only seems that way because the Yankees can hit.
  18. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    Every team has the same ability to spend on players. Since the owners will not open the books, you can not say that the Yankees or any other team has more money to spend then any other team. You can't confirm what other teams are making and how much owners are pocketing as opposed to spending.
  19. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,512 Messages
    798 Likes Received
    Actually baseball is the easiest to officiate and I disagree on it having more judgment calls.

It has more VISIBLE calls, but there are far more decisions to make in basketball. Football is close too.

Success in officiating basketball is more on what is not called. You have thousands of "calls" to make in a basketball game...it is that 95% of them don't have a whistle.
  20. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,874 Messages
    2,048 Likes Received
    This sounds like a Yankees fan response.