1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Obama agreeing with McCain - Health of Economy?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Viper, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Is it that horrible for one politician to agree with another one even though they view the world differently?
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,370 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    I don't think it's horrible but I do think it's horrible that Obama is running adds that basically call McCains intelligence and honesty into question over that statement, while now it would appear that Obama agrees with McCains original position. That kinda sucks.

Now, having said that, I listened to the clip and Obama doesn't really say that he thinks the economy is solid. It's a piece of whatever Obama was talking about that mentions long term growth for our economy. I think the title of this thread is misleading.
  4. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Well, it's hard to say how he meant it.
    But yeah, if he's agreeing with McCain that the fundamentals of our economy are in good stead, he's contradicting what he said at the debate, when he disagreed with McCain saying the fundamentals of our economy are strong.

Considering it's an 8 second clip, I have no idea what context he meant it in though... So we'll see.
  5. Viper

Viper Active Member

2,190 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not at all, in fact when they do agree we benefit. But, Obama was the one who creamed McCain for saying the fundamentals were sound. Now he says the same thing...lol:p:
  6. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And McCain is not running negative ads about Obama?

Still don't understand why people can't see that both parties are basically the same.

Newflash, after an Obama Presidency or McCain Presidency all the following will be the same:

Government will grow and spending will be out of control
    Government will still have huge debt
    Abortion will still be legal (Yes conservative it still will be if McCain wins)
    Healthcare will still not be affordable
    The public education system will still have huge problems despite all the money thrown at it
    We will still be in Iraq (yes Liberals we will still be there if Obama wins)

They only bring up these basic principles during the election that are suppose to show clear differences between them to get the masses on either side to vote for them.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,370 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received

I did not say that McCain is or is not running negative adds. I simply commented on the negative add that I personally saw in regards to this issue.

There is no foul here, perceived or otherwise.
  8. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
  9. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    " .. and then after this immediate problem, we have got the long term fundamentals that will really make sure this economy grows .."

Umm .. pretty easy to tell that he is either talking about the bailout package or either his economic plan and not the current set of economic standards.
  10. dacarmelking210

dacarmelking210 New Member

140 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Affordable healthcare is unAmerican..I don't want any part of it. I'm comfortable having our government spend hundred of billions of dollars on wars and cutbacks..errr...bailout money to the CEO's of major corporations, but I'm EXTREMELY uncomfortable having them spend a fraction of that amount on making healthcare accessible to every United States citizen. England, Canada, France, Germany, Japan and every other industrialized/modern country in the world has it ALL WRONG in this respect. ;)