1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

is Obama the Anti-Christ?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Bob Sacamano, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    kind of serious question, but he's both charismatic and persuasive, hell, he's gotten millions to vote for him off one word only

"change"
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,773 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    Kind of a seriuos question here.

Are you mentally challenged?
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    it was kind of a joke too
  4. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,773 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    Oh. Mine wasn't.

This is a joke too.
  5. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    what?
  6. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    yes........
  7. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,488 Messages
    1,735 Likes Received
    Of course not.
  8. ZB9

ZB9 New Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    "change is not a destination and hope is not a strategy". My favorite quote in the campaign so far...well besides the "ive been to 57 states" one
  9. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    According to Revelations, the antichrist's purpose is to convince/compell the world to worship "the Beast" - the one with a head wound but did not die, and therefore was considered to be immortal/devine. The word "antichrist" does not mean "the opposite of Christ" as many mistakenly believe, but rather "the substitute for Christ". "Anti" means "substitute for" or "stand-in for" in Latin. Now, as far as what those prophesies may refer to in today's world (assuming a- they're true and b- that we are living in those end times) is up for interpretation. Could the "Beast" be an actual person? Or perhaps a nation? Or a religion? Or a political movement? Revelations does refer to the number of the beast, that "is is the number of a man" - so it seems that the Beast would be or at least appear to be an individual human. An interesting interpretation that I've come across is the idea that the Pope (generally, or in some interpretations perhaps a specific future or current Pope) is the antichrist. The notion is based on the above meaning of antichrist meaning "substitute for Christ". The Catholic Church considers the Pope to be the "Vicar of Christ". Vicar, ironically enough, also means "substitute".....so....heh. But in any event, I seriously doubt the Obama = antichrist idea. For starters, according to Revelations, the number of people who would deny the *real* antichrist and beast their claims to divinity and demand for rule of mankind would be in a very precarious minority, not half the nation (although, think of *world* opinion and the tables begin to turn slightly). In addition, to deny their divinity and to refuse to worship them (not merely vote for him/them) would result in bondage and/or death. And, sadly enough, most of the people of the world would be all too happy to enslave or murder anybody who refused their new leaders. Also...the beast had a moving/speaking image of him (television perhaps?) that had the power to demand obedience, and kill those who would not comply. In other words, the *image* would demand, and the *image* would have the capacity for murder.
  10. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,291 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    There are "Many Anti-Christs." Although there was one in particular named Nero who used Christians as torches to light up the night-time sky.

Anyways if you profess Christ but don't oppose abortion or if you believe in fairness but don't actually contribute much to charities or family members with less, isn't it kind of contradictory?

Maybe I'm an anti-Christ.:eek::
  11. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I will add this, however....the recent spectacle of quasi-worship we've witnessed in Obama's followers, comparisons to Christ and his opponents as Pilate, along with the hubris of erecting a quasi-Nuremberg/Greek temple for holding a nighttime rally bathed in spotlights, is a forshadowing of what the Bible claims to prophecy in Revelations. But...on an order of magnitude greater, with penalty of bondage or death if you did not join the swooning crowds.
  12. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The "many antichrists" theory is based upon Nostrodomus, not Revelations (he had "Hister" as one, widely believed to be Hitler). I was sticking with the Bible's idea of the end times. There are, however, many ideas on the subject, from Islam, Mayans, etc etc etc.
  13. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wait...is religious discussion a no-no here? I just remember that...I think it is. Perhaps I'll cut my discussion off at this point.
  14. CowboyFan74

12,291 Messages
    377 Likes Received

1 John 2:18

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

Personally I subscribe to the 70AD historical view point but remain open to the fact that history repeats itself.
  15. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ah Ha.. ya got me. OK. :eek: What with all the "is Obama the antichrist" bit running about, I'd recently cracked open Revelations and read it all a couple times, of course scratching my head trying to figure out what, if anything, matched current events. So I was stuck in "rev" mode. In fact, I'm not sure the word "antichrist" is used in revelations...but I could be wrong about that too. I do recall many of the players being referred to as various "beasts". One from the abyss/pit, one from the sea...
  16. Bonecrusher#31

Bonecrusher#31 Active Member

1,803 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I've heard it all now.....

I realize I can't take the Political Forum at this site even halfway serious...

Its as bad as the ESPN boards

adios.....
  17. CowboyFan74

12,291 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/antichrist.asp

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Bookman Old Style,Arial]For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

The word "Spirit" also means "Mental Disposition" in the original greek.
    [/FONT]
  18. Brandon

Brandon Benched

928 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Obama is the anti-christ, if he runs the United States of America the world wont make it past the year 2010.
  19. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

14,814 Messages
    2,027 Likes Received
    I'm all for theological discussions, but let's be very careful when we append the label anti-christ, even hypothetically or in jest.

Just a suggestion.
  20. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    BSPN has boards?