1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Palin the New McCarthy?

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Aug 18, 2009.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,335 Messages
    1,222 Likes Received
    I did not say that Palin posting on Facebook was more news worthy than what Edwards has done. It is just more recent, which is why it was in the news. There is such a thing as timing. Edwards was yesterday and Palin is today. Eventually she will be yesterday and someone else will be today. It is like Vick and Favre. The Vick coverage has fallen by the wayside while everyone covers Favre. Tomorrow it will be someone else. Probably Romo and his new girlfriend, Bristol Palin.
  2. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,431 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Edwards has bowed out of the limelight, Sarah keeps getting her facetime. Just like Bristol going around telling everyone not to have intercourse while carrying the fruits of her intercourse, Sarah keeps her face there so people will keep talking about her.

What more can be said about Edwards. What he did is not much different from McCain dumping his first wife who was ill because he was banging a rich younger woman.
  3. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,730 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Heh. You have completely inadvertantly supported the point I have been trying to make. There have actually been some very recent developments in the John Edwards scandal, including over the past week where reports are Edwards is preparing to admit he is indeed the father and the announcement of a "tell-all" book being written by the former Edwards aide. The fact that you didn't know about these recent developments totally proves the point I am making.

In fact, the primary reason I know about these developments is because I live in North Carolina and the local media, unlike the national media, is actually covering the story.
  4. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,730 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Yeah, what Edwards did is exactly like what McCain did. Except the part about fathering a child out of wedlock, blaming it all on a top aide, and violating campaign finance laws with payoffs to his mistress.
  5. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,335 Messages
    1,222 Likes Received
    I am probably a poor example for you. I have not been watching or reading any news this last week. I have not even been watching much TV at all so I am sure I have missed a lot in the world in the last couple of weeks. My information in the last week has come strictly from this web site and even at that I am more concerned with the Cowboys news rather than every thread in other sections of the forum. Even the latest Palin news I have gotten was from this thread.
  6. CanadianCowboysFan

15,431 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Bristol Palin was pregnant out of wedlock, does that make her bad?

Wasn't it the bit on the side who claimed Edwards' wasn't the father?

He isn't the first to get some on the side and won't be the last.

Newt served his wife with divorce papers while she was in the hospital. Reagan was divorced. Eisenhower was having carnal relations with his secretary and so on and so on
  7. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,730 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Is the father of Bristol Palin's child a married man who was illegally paying her from campaign funds?
    I am not sure I understand you question, but I think I can respond by saying they all at one point or another lied about who the father was.
    Did Newt, Reagan or Eisenhower father a child out of wedlock and send campaign funds to their mistress?
  8. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,073 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    How can you blab on and on about this and not mention slick Willie...lol...The biggest one of all...How about John Kennedy ?
  9. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I clicked on this thread expecting to see a lot of hot Jenny McCarthy pix. Oh well.

Let me see if I got this right:

Birthers? Racists!
    Health care opponents? Racists!
    People who enjoy the "Obama is the Joker" poster? Racists!
    People who oppose Obama or his agenda in any way? Racists!
    Palin? McCarthyist!

And so on.
  10. CanadianCowboysFan

15,431 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    because Bill did have sex with that woman :D

John Kennedy cut a far wider swath for sure.

We can't forget good old Gary Condit, the only person in the USA who benefited from the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Hell, let's not forget Gary Hart and Donna Rice.

Then while not technically a sex scandal, Ollie North had Fawn Hall hiding documents in her panties.

I guess I just figure what they do in private is between them and their mistress/bit on the side and their families. It doesn't make them bad people.

I just hate the hypocritical types including guys like Jimmy Swaggart who railed against Jim Bakker all while hanging from chandeliers in leather harnesses.
  11. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Palin is the new McCarthy.
    Palin is Stupid.
    Palin is the Devil.

The left destroying the people.
    The left destroys people because the cannot destroy superior conservative ideas.
    See Whole Foods.
    The left wants to put Whole Foods out of business because it's CEO disagrees with ObamaCare.
    Destroy the person,because you cannot destroy the idea.
    That's the left.
    The craddle of failed ideas.
  12. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,028 Messages
    328 Likes Received
    I would be surprised anyone that has graduated a public HS in the last 10 years knows about McCarthy. I am willing to bet a very large majority probably think he was a Beatle or that dude in those John Hughes films.
  13. MetalHead

MetalHead Benched

6,031 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Of course they do not...it was designed to be that way.
    GET INVOLVED IN YOUR CHILDREN'S EDUCATION!!!
    There is a movement designed to further dumb them down.
    DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN!
  14. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Is that quitting like Tom Landry quit the New York Giants when he thought he could do a better job of what he wanted to do somewhere else, even though the Giants were left without an equal replacement?

:D
  15. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,059 Messages
    774 Likes Received

The Force is strong with this one. (that is why Dems keep bashing her) eventually that will backfire thought IMO.

I believe she has the potential to be the most sincere(delivering to the people) person (for now), politician(again eventually).

I think she wants to right the wrongs that are going on today. All the wrong people in the right places. Politics as usual does not sit well with her... me either.
  16. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,003 Messages
    720 Likes Received
    Do you intentionally say stupid things or is it always an accident?
  17. Angus

Angus Active Member

5,064 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't intend to defend Joe McCarthy or Roy Cohn, and they did play fast and loose, but it is inaccurate to say Communists in the State Department and the movie industry 'were no threat to the American way of life.' They were. That McCarthy mistakenly identified some people doesn't change that.

:cool:
  18. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,730 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    Personally I can't stand Jimmy Swaggert and I am glad he got what was coming to him, but I don't know have any recollection of the things you are mentioning here. As far as I remember he got busted for solicitation, but I don't know where you are getting "hanging from chandeliers in leather harnesses".
  19. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,681 Messages
    1,622 Likes Received
    A former DDI for the CIA admitted a few years ago that the Soviets certainly won the Spy War. And the foundation for that victory was laid in the 40's and 50's= exactly when McCarthy was screaming the loudest. He was so discredited that the spies were helped as any real emphasis put on trying to find them was branded as McCarthyism.
  20. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,003 Messages
    720 Likes Received

What he really means is he hates the hypocritical types that are not Dems.