1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Is Parcells calling plays???

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by dcjules, Dec 12, 2005.

1. dcjules

dcjules Active Member

399 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    There was in a point in the game whereas to me it look as if Parcells took over calling plays, I know he has say in what is going on, but early with the offense struggling, it looked as if he took over, right before the flea-flicker and at times in the second half....did anyone else take note of this or maybe it was just me over thinking stuff.....

Funny deal with Offensive play calling, I call it the most criticized coaching assignment in football, at least it is where as I am concerned, coaching the little guys, Pop Warner. Peyton or BP gets the credit for the flea flicker and goal line pass for a TD, but the will get the crap beat out of them again if they call the stupid TE pass in which Bledsoe almost killed us again, should have been a pick for Surtain....
  2. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was almost positive I saw BP with the sheet calling some plays...covring his mouth with the play list and talking. I may be wrong to, but this game had a BP flavor to it...big time. I think he called a lot of plays yesterday...a lot!

This was NOT a Payton called game...with the exception of the first couple series...
  3. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,402 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    Don't know if actually called the plays, but based on his PC's after the game, he made sure specific plays were in the game plan.
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Rule of thumb around here......If it worked Parcells called it.....If it doesn't Payton or Zimmer called it

and in the case of Zimmer it's probably true :D
  5. 32BellyOption

32BellyOption Member

248 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I saw that too. If he wasn't "calling" the plays, he was certainly "suggesting" some! LOL!
  6. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Sean Payton is calling the plays ;)
  7. Cas2800

Cas2800 Active Member

413 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    I was at the game and on several occasions I saw Parcells say something to Payton send in the call. At that time i thought hey Parcells is calling the plays.
  8. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,148 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Bledsoe's pass to Campbell was right on the money. Campbell should have made that catch. Nothing wrong with the pass!
  9. aznhalf

aznhalf New Member

882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i'm pretty sure Payton calls down the plays to Parcells. Parcells either relays it or calls his own. I saw an article about it awhile back I believe, I"ll try to find it.
  10. dougonthebench

dougonthebench Cowboys Forever

2,403 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    do you mean Witten,the pass thrown to Campbell was caught for a TD!
  11. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Payton is on the field right next to Parcells....Payton calls most plays!

However, yesterday BP called many himself.....
  12. aznhalf

aznhalf New Member

882 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Call down was the wrong term :grin2: but you know what I meant.
  13. thssanders

thssanders New Member

614 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he means the one where campbell dropped it and surtain almost picked it off and took it to the house.
  14. dougonthebench

dougonthebench Cowboys Forever

2,403 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ahhh!I tried to forget about that one.
  15. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

7,134 Messages
    2,069 Likes Received
    Yesterday was the first time I can recall in a while that Bill had a play card in his hand calling plays. Usually he's just listening in on the play calling through the headset and make adjustments as needed. During those times, you can tell when he doesn't like the play or thought processs. He get's this frown of sever pain on his face. (LOL)
  16. HowAboutThemCowboys

HowAboutThemCowboys Well-Known Member

3,402 Messages
    972 Likes Received
    A bit off topic....but did you see Gunther Cunningham chew out that coach after the Campbell TD?
  17. followthestar

followthestar Well-Known Member

2,085 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Payton might conduct the orchestra, but Parcells calls the tune. everyone saw Bill more active in tweaking the performance, but i think its something he's always done - just more of a playoff atmosphere has everyone more excited. And this seems to be a good working relationship on offense. When Payton would throw a left, Parcells throws an uppercut - keeps their defense guessing more than usual. Whatever works...
  18. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    Man, that was something else. It was almost in slow motion, cause I read every single word coming out of his mouth.
  19. inevadropit

inevadropit New Member

146 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In the Dallas Morning News Today...

Parcells called the game winning drive.