1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Peerless Price this year's Eddie George

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by bigcrob, Sep 26, 2005.

1. bigcrob

bigcrob New Member

20 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm starting to think that Price is this year's Eddie George, Parcells definitely doesn't want the guy. This is another one of Jerry Guys verus Parcell Guys happen again
  2. Hostile

Hostile It Has Been Fun Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    I don't think so at all. I just think he is not up to speed on the offense yet and they aren't going to risk it in close games or games where we are coming from behind. Go with the players who know the plays best to come back.
  3. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Peerless isn't contributing because there are good players in front of him doing their jobs. When you throw for 363 yards, its hard to start benching people.

Totally unlike Eddie George last year.
  4. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,979 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Nope. No one was really interested in George last season and he showed why. Tough guy who just didn't have it any more. There were other teams interested in Price. It is going to take some time to get him up and ready. I think he will be a good asset this season. Although I don't think it is a top priority to get him on the field until he is ready.
  5. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,554 Messages
    852 Likes Received
    Price is exactly what we signed him for, insurance.

The question is not is it a bad signing or rift between Bill and Jerry, it is should we be rolling the dice by running thin at other positions to make him active, if he cannot get on the field?
  6. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    People need to chill on Peerless. His value won't be apparent until we need him later on in the season. Hopefully that day will never come, but if it does, we'll be happy as heck that we have him.
  7. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Completely different scenarios here. Parcells DID want George, otherwise why would he have leaned on him so heavily last year. But he didn't have anybody else to go to when Julius went down.

Complete opposite of Price. Price can't get on the field because he doesn't add anything we don't already have. He isn't the #1 receiver that Terry Glenn can be, and Keyshawn is Keyshaw. Add in the fact that we have Crayton and Witten to go over the middle...there just isn't enough room to get Price on the field.
  8. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,685 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Price fell behind because of an injury and hasn't caught up. The guys ahead of him are just better. That's not a bad thing.
  9. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,273 Messages
    5,521 Likes Received
    I don't think so.

But Anthony Thomas might be. ;)
  10. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,979 Messages
    1,541 Likes Received
    Good one. The back field looks much better this year than it has in several seasons.
  11. Hollywood Henderson

Hollywood Henderson Benched

3,329 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    People talk about Glenn being injury prone...
    But I think with how upright Crayton runs, he is going to be hard pressed not getting injured...

Yes, Price will be fine when he knows the offense better and we will be glad we have depth...
  12. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,111 Messages
    133 Likes Received
    Later in the season and he'll be fresh.
  13. Hiero

Hiero New Member

3,075 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could be, he hasnt even had a chance to show anything just yet though, so why bring it up, he hasnt been dropping balls or anything. George had a legitimate shot at starting and completely stunk it up. Price will I think show his worthiness sometime during the season.
  14. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,156 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    There will be a time this season when one of our WR's rolls an ankle, gets his bell rung, or just dinged up a litte.

Then Price will shine, and Jones & Parcells will look like genius. .. Brilliant !
  15. RedskinsOne

RedskinsOne Benched

50 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And how are Parcells's choices in the drafts coming along? What happened to the guy from USC?
  16. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,866 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    Anthony Thomas is the odd-free-agent-out at this point.
  17. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Totally agree...nothing more to add.
  18. bobtheflob

bobtheflob New Member

1,768 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Even if this is an example of some sort of feud between Jerry and Parcells (which I don't believe), signing Price hasn't hurt us at all. He provides good insurance and didn't cost us anything except money that we had to spend because we're below the cap. This is no Galloway situation here
  19. BledsoetoWittenfortheTD

BledsoetoWittenfortheTD New Member

179 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Price will get his chance...but it's his own fault if he thought he would be any better than #3 here. Right now Bledsoe is busy hooking up with his other favorite receiver from the past T Glenn. Price will contribute in some way this season, but I'm not sure if he's going to see much playing time as long as glenn and keyshawn are healthy doing their thing.
  20. ghosttown cowboy

ghosttown cowboy Wyoming's #1 boys fan

874 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    What about Price to GB for a high draft pick!