1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Peterson better than Claiborne??

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by TXCowboyVol, Apr 26, 2012.

1. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    When (or if) Dez develops a full route tree, he'll eat Peterson up. Peterson will end up as a FS within a few years.
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,496 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    this maybe true. Except for some picks peterson got lit up like a christmas tree last year. He couldn't cover my grandma with a blanket.:D
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,794 Messages
    556 Likes Received
    Garrett said he was the 2nd player on our draft board. Thinks he'll return punts and kicks too.
  4. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,026 Messages
    450 Likes Received
    I think even JJ said that during the interview. 2nd behind only Andrew Luck.
  5. GroundUp

GroundUp Member

218 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Haven't missed a game for sometime now and I study the DB's there. Peterson is more athletic hands down and that paired with his coverage skills gives him a high ceiling. Mo Claiborne has potentially elite coverage skills and as a former WR he has the best hands I've seen on a DB in a very long time. I'd take Claiborne over PP but it's not a knock on PP I'd have been ecstatic with him last year.
  6. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......that's what Mayock said tonight: said his "ball skills" are the best of any CB in many years.....if his coverage ability matches it, we'll be in business....here's hoping
  7. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,611 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    That last part is absolutely huge, if he can return punts, it will make us not have to worry about that in the 4th round.

Too bad the honey badger and PP never really gave us a chance to see him in that role at LSU.
  8. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Yep. He's basically a longer, taller Joe Haden.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,465 Messages
    3,743 Likes Received
    Yes all around.
  10. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,200 Messages
    361 Likes Received
    Naw, Peterson's an elite return guy. Doesn't matter though, we didn't draft Claiborne for his return ability.
  11. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,659 Messages
    159 Likes Received
    Newman was good but he was MILES behind Champ. Newman NEVER had ball skills. That is the one thing Claiborne suppose to have.
  12. Deep_Freeze

6,611 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    Plus TNew was like 25 or so.

Its not close, Claiborne is a much better pick as of right now with his WR background giving him a huge edge on hands.
  13. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,075 Messages
    2,503 Likes Received
    The simple fact that we went from a 32 or 33 year old Terence Newman to Brandon Carr and Mo Claiborne is staggering.

I feel absolutely fine about Brodney Pool starting at SS this year.
  14. Deep_Freeze

6,611 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    I figure Pool will play FS since Sensy's best position is SS.

Pool is probaby better at FS anyway, he isn't physical and since we are stuck with him we have to protect him.