1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Ratliff playing Sunday? *Out for Sunday*

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by sunbum, Dec 7, 2012.

1. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

781 Messages
    87 Likes Received
    keep hearing mixed reports, has a definitive decision been made? We will need him!
  2. PullMyFinger

PullMyFinger Old Fashioned

3,395 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Rat has turned into one of the "glass" players for Dallas.
  3. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    236 Likes Received
  4. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,174 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    Seems like he's been unhappy with the team for years now, I think he's a goner after the season
  5. craig71

craig71 Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

2,604 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Ratliff has been more bark than bite for sometime now, time to turn the page.

Craig
  6. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    what makes you say this? I don't see any reason for him to be upset - he has gotten two big contracts and they let him play the position he wants.
  7. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Not only does it seem he is not playing, but mike fisher labeled him a malcontent on the fan about an hour ago.

Apparently Ratliff had a huge blow up in the locker room after the eagles game and mike fisher is saying there is an awkward vibe around him and the team.

I have no idea what any of this is or means, but geez now Ratliff is a locker room problem? What in the world is going on?
  8. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,941 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    How much do you want to bet it was concerning him missing these game. I am not in any position to judge injuries. But I am simply going to guess that the team thought he could give them something...and he chose to sit. Just my guess.

Cats in his situation will not mind getting cut. He has been around since 2005. They have not won. Someone will pick him up if he gets cut. Gives him a chance to get another signing bonus. And he will probably find his way to a team that has a better chance to win.
  9. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    That doesn't describe Ratliff though. He has never been anything like that, te exact opposite actually.
  10. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,941 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    Very rare to keep cores together this long that don't produce. You look at the teams that actually win...even they break the band up. But we have kept the 2005 band together for a while. Sprinkle in Witten, Romo and Miles...and we have had some guys here for awhile that have become to accustomed to losing. And for competitors...irritation will eventually set in. I don't think there should many players in Dallas that are untouchable...yet we have them. And that is hard to explain when you consider the results.
  11. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Nick eatman just said Ratliff won't even make the trip to cincy.
  12. craig71

2,604 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    I think part of the problem is that Jerry over-values the talent on this club. I believe that the Japanese have a saying "tell a lie enough times and it becomes the truth". Jerry has lied to himself, as well as a large number of fans, and bought into the notion that this team is close to contending for a title. I think the reality is that this group of players may never compete for a title.

Craig
  13. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    What does that have to do with whatever happened this week with Ratliff?
  14. craig71

2,604 Messages
    18 Likes Received

That is a good question.

Maybe you shouldn't hand out a 5 year $40 million dollar contract ($18 million guaranteed) to a player with a declining skillset. Giving out that type of contract to a 25 year old is one thing, but handing out that deal to a 30 year old is another. Especially when that player has been but a shell of his former self and is at an age where injuries are more likely than not.

Craig
  15. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This team has way too many holes to fill. It'll be a decade before we can contend.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,166 Messages
    5,715 Likes Received
  17. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    No kidding. What the hell is going on?

Anyway, I can't believe some people are basically calling Jay soft, a quitter, whatever. This guy with Witten probably has more heart and guts than anyone on the team. How anyone can be a fan of this team and not know this is beyond me.

I guess the answer is that some people think just because a player gets paid, it's fair game to call him anything in the book regardless of validity.

And BTW, I don't know how you feel, theebs, but I don't completely trust Fisher. He's basically been a mouthpiece for Cuban for years and now it almost seems like he's doing the same for the Cowboys. Or at least is trying to become that.
  18. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,771 Messages
    60 Likes Received
    Even on dallascowboys.com, the staff is saying that Ratliff will probably be cut due to having a bad contract. It seems like the boys are getting ready to move on from him. I would try to work out a trade though and not just cut him. Even if Dallas only gets a 7th rounder at least they can dictate where he plays. Ratliff would be an absolute terror on a 4-3 team and I would hate to see him playing for New York or Philly where he would be a much better fit. Ratliff still has some years left if he can find the right fit, and I would prefer he doesn't terrorize Dallas by playing for a division rival.
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,422 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    Good thing they got him locked up long term.;)
  20. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,621 Messages
    6,386 Likes Received
    I think it's more likely that the team would keep him out of a game and it would tick Jay off, honestly. The guy's got heart. That's never been the issue.

I hate this sort of dysfunction, though. Especially from a player I really like, and one I was hoping could still be a difference maker for us. The rest of this story will be interesting when it comes out.