1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is the end near for Andy Reid with the Eagles?

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by RS12, Oct 17, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,542 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    If this is the beginning of the end for Andy Reid, the process has not been smooth or easy. The Eagles have played only six games, but the season has taken an obvious and significant toll on the organization’s long-time head coach.

You can see it on his face. You can hear it in his remarks.

More than that, you can tell by his actions.

Reid didn’t look or sound like himself after the Eagles lost to the Detroit Lions. In his day-after press conference on Monday, his words were hushed, as though he was trying to address the media while one of his hulking, underproductive linemen sat on his chest. He seemed physically and emotionally drained as he informed the assembly that he would “tear everything apart” during the bye week. He wasn’t kidding.

On Tuesday, Reid fired his friend and defensive coordinator, Juan Castillo.

"I think we all know how much I care about Juan Castillo as a person and as a football coach," Reid said. "Tremendous football coach, tough worker, has a great family. I know he's going to continue to do great things in the National Football League.

"However, I also have always said that I'm going to do what I think is best for the Philadelphia Eagles, and at this time I think this move is the best. "

Reid, who is clearly fond of Castillo, said it was "one of the tougher things I've had to do as a head football coach.” For that and so many other reasons, the decision was surprising. It makes you wonder whether Reid is concerned about his job.

Changing a coordinator in the middle of a season is often interpreted as panic. That’s the sort of image Reid has worked hard to avoid during his career. In 14 years with the Eagles, he had never dismissed one of his coaches during the season – until now.

Letting Castillo go with 10 games to play was also an admission by Reid

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-p...89919&feedID=704&awid=6272782153615821509-711
  2. Tezz

Tezz Active Member

378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Andy Reid is gone if they don't make the playoffs and would find another head coaching job fairly quick if he wanted to...
  3. The Emperor

The Emperor Marcus Aurelius Maximus

3,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Andy Reid lost a son this off-season. That's got to have a big impact on him and I think we're losing our humanity if we miss that fact.
  4. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Not sure.... But it's the Eagles bye week which means they get a free gimmee against the Falcons. If he leaves Philly it would be interesting to see where he goes.
  5. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,835 Messages
    401 Likes Received
    It depends. I expect they will turn it around as they usually do.
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,898 Messages
    345 Likes Received
    If he loses his job, he should take a year off...

I could see him landing somewhere like KC, Cincy or SD... maybe Arizona...
  7. rojan

rojan Active Member

1,486 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I could see him going to Cleveland if he gets the boot in Philly.
  8. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,005 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    Raiders always need a new coach.
  9. windward

windward NFL Historian

14,927 Messages
    298 Likes Received
    That's a very perceptive point, Emp.

I remember the strain the death of Parcells' brother seemed to have on him.
  10. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    wouldn't mind him becoming the OC here...

or HC should Garrett get fired :D (not that I want that to happen)...
  11. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Lets hope its his last year there, for our sake. Im hearing more and more Eagles fans say they can't wait until he's gone.. its going to be funny hearing them whine and moan once he is. He's spoiled them..
  12. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Wouldn't mind him here.