1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is there any truth to Bruce Carter being a Pass Rusher?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Mar 30, 2014.

1. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,195 Messages
    4,736 Likes Received
    Somebody posted that Broaddus said on Talking Cowboys that Bruce Carter might be used as a Nickel Pass Rusher.

Somebody else posted somewhere that Broaddus suggested the idea but that it was not coming from the Cowboys.

I've skimmed through the Talking Cowboys videos and can't find that statement.

Can anybody confirm exactly what Broaddus said about Carter?
    Maybe @LatinMind has some input because he usually post the recaps of Talking Cowboys.

Edit: The original post was here: http://cowboyszone.com/threads/carter-to-bulk-up-and-be-used-as-nickel-rusher.285737/
  2. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,921 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    There is certainly truth to Carter sucking in pass coverage.
    khiladi likes this.
  3. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,591 Messages
    1,400 Likes Received
    I'm interested in hearing more about this too
  4. dcstands4

dcstands4 Active Member

651 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    I've heard this to . That Carter was bulking up to do this. We shall see because he fell off a cliff last year.
    lostar2009 likes this.
  5. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,612 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    Bulking him up sure isn't going to help him with his pass coverage responsibilities.
    khiladi likes this.
  6. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,241 Messages
    2,665 Likes Received
    Do you not read? They said situational, nickel pass rusher.
    ufcrules1 and Frozen700 like this.
  7. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,822 Messages
    1,759 Likes Received
    He just mentioned it as an idea. Nothing to see here.
    CowboyFan74 likes this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

2,339 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    Probably to keep him out of coverage on obvious passing downs yet still keep him on the field.
  9. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,694 Messages
    1,387 Likes Received
    his speed was amongst his greatest assets, if he "bulks up" it could affect that...I get it that he hasn't done much, so I hope, if true, this is marinelli trying to get the best out of a player and putting him in the best position to be successful
    casmith07 likes this.
  10. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Isn't that kinda what they did with him last year after Danny Woodhead blasted him in SD? I havent see anything about their plans for him this year. But Since he was drafted for the middle in a 3-4 he might be the best trade bait on the team that they would actually trade. He would fit right in with Victor Butler in NO.
  11. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,582 Messages
    294 Likes Received
    Carter has the speed to be good in coverage and I am not going to put him out to pasture just yet. He looked like an up and coming super star just two years ago. He didn't just lose that all of a sudden. He will be back this year - this D is perfect for him - pursue the ball and make plays. I just don't think he was ever comfortable in the new scheme.

He does have the skill set to be a dynamic blitzer but you need other guys up front that the o-line has to worry about or as we have seen in recent years, blitzing just leaves us exposed.
    casmith07 likes this.
  12. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

2,220 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    A LB can have all the speed in the world and still find a way to fail miserably from the neck up. So far, Bruce Carter has been living proof of that being the sad truth in his case. He'll face a desperate need to make a monumental reversal of that in 2014. Wish him well. At least, situational pass rushers don't need to think much.
    jobberone likes this.
  13. Vanilla2

Vanilla2 Well-Known Member

1,459 Messages
    632 Likes Received
    If I remember correctly Broadus was answering a question if the team drafted a starter at WLB.

He said he'd move Carter to SLB and bulk him up to be a nickel rusher.

He also talked all season about how he thought the team was jerking around with him (Carter) and Broadus was thinking they might lose him mentally.
  14. xwalker

12,195 Messages
    4,736 Likes Received
    He did play well in 2012.
  15. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,703 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    Ive never heard or posted about that. I read it on that thread aswell. What TC usually talks about in reguards to Carter is he struggled in situations that called for a dime to be on the field but Dallas had little faith in its 4th CB so they left Carter on the field.
  16. xwalker

12,195 Messages
    4,736 Likes Received
    OK, thanks.

I just know that you listen to that show. I have a hard time listening to their babble and would like it if they released a transcript of their shows.
  17. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,241 Messages
    2,665 Likes Received
    That's the staff's fault. Sterling Moore was good enough.
  18. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,158 Messages
    844 Likes Received
    And Carter isn't.
  19. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,958 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    does this d or has it blitzed the sam regularly?
  20. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,703 Messages
    1,786 Likes Received
    yeah they get sidetracked alot. its usually when they ask about sydneys days then the rants start. If she wasnt on the show they would get thru alot more stuff. But what do you expect. 2 old men with a young beautiful woman