1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is there any truth to Bruce Carter being a Pass Rusher?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by xwalker, Mar 30, 2014.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,458 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    Yeah i was mad when they released him. When they brought him back he had an immediate impact on the team
    sbark and casmith07 like this.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,996 Messages
    2,397 Likes Received
    Not in coverage. He played tentative.

I think he'll be better this year, though.
  3. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,095 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Not sure if srs
    Risen Star likes this.
  4. hra8700

hra8700 Active Member

804 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    from twitter:

@daniel_nieto21: @BryanBroaddus where would Barr play in our scheme?” I believe Sam and nickel rush.
    @BigDeal3141: if drafted Mosley think Carter could thrive w/ same idea we had for Barr? Move to Sam + rush? He needs to rush more” yes sir

@johnbiz1: @BryanBroaddus I believe the most underrated part of the cover 2 is the Linebackers, are you against taking Mosley?” Not at all
    @tlynch2: @BryanBroaddus @johnbiz1 would that move Lee outside?” To Will Carter to Sam

@BryanEtter87: Any talk of Lee to WILL and Carter to SAM as the plan and not just if Mosley is the pick?” Maybe with Holloman at MLB
    @Big_Mando78: @BryanBroaddus @HeathAndrew2 You like Carter at Sam?” Mosely Lee Carter would be a nice look. Carter at Sam is fine.
    @HeathAndrew2: so Mosley makes sense if you wanna move lee till to will and keep carter at strong that doesn't sound to bad” Yep.
  5. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,139 Messages
    3,805 Likes Received
    I submitted these questions to the magic 8 ball (http://www.m8ball.com/en/):

Would Barr be a DE?
    Yes - definitely

If drafted Mosley think Carter could thrive w/ same idea we had for Barr?
    Yes

I believe the most underrated part of the cover 2 is the Linebackers, are you against taking Mosley?
    Outlook not so good

So Mosley makes sense if you wanna move lee to will and keep carter at strong?
    Yes

You like Carter at Sam?”
    NO!

Any talk of Lee to WILL and Carter to SAM as the plan and not just if Mosley is the pick?
    Yes
    CyberB0b likes this.
  6. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

15,830 Messages
    1,440 Likes Received
    It looked to me like after he gave up those catches against Rivers that he started to question what he was doing. At least he didn't freelance, I guess.
    casmith07 likes this.
  7. agorr101

agorr101 Member

37 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  8. Texan_Eph89

Texan_Eph89 Well-Known Member

1,050 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Honestly, i think he starts at SLB next season. He has the speed to play coverage but the instincts don't seem to be there. His speed and solid tackling would be a great asset at SLB. My guess, is he'd be rushing primarily from the SLB anyway.

We'll likely draft a LB in the middle rounds and Holloman is a good fit at WLB.
  9. hra8700

hra8700 Active Member

804 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    CyberB0b and Chocolate Lab like this.
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,139 Messages
    3,805 Likes Received
    Broaddus seems like a nice guy, but he does say a lot of things that just don't make any sense.