1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is there any way we Don't win Sunday night?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gaede, Nov 28, 2012.

1. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,150 Messages
    1,780 Likes Received
    well, we have 2 things against us:

1) we are just unlucky:rolleyes:
    2) the media hates us because we are the cowboys

so, yes, we could lose because those 2 reasons are the most common reasons we ever lose games
  2. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll be more than shocked if Dallas loses against that Eagles team. Their offensive line sucks, they have too many injuries and they have all but given up on the season. But the biggest reason is "Nick Foles". This game is a lock. If they for some reason lose, this team has bigger issues than we know of.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,577 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    Think about the consequences if we do lose.

I can't think of a higher pressure game, as strange as that sounds
  4. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,918 Messages
    887 Likes Received
    The Cowboys usually struggle against the Eagles...especially on primetime TV.

The Cowboys are not very good at home.

NFC East teams usually play one another close.

This game is by no means an easy win...especially for this team.
  5. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Are we so sure there are consequences? This team has backbreaking losses all of the time and the wheels spin as usual after them.
  6. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Any team who's best ILB wasn't on the team a month ago can lose any game.
  7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,546 Messages
    423 Likes Received
    If they do lose, should Red lose his job?
  8. FiveRings

FiveRings Well-Known Member

1,756 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    If it's even a question then we probably lose,I just on't know how yet...Romo throws up a stinker? Dropped passes? Brown torches the D? All is possible at Jerry World
  9. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brown torching the D seems like a distinct possibility, if the Eagles call plays like a sensible team. Luckily for the Cowboys, I'm sure he won't touch the ball nearly as much as he should.
  10. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,099 Messages
    129 Likes Received
    Anyone who bets on the Cowboys to win any game this season just doesn't like money.

I'm not expecting anything.
  11. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,711 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    Umm lets see........ We are palying the egirls, on a Sunday night, primetime game, when everybody is watching. Oh yea, I can see us laying a big egg on Sunday night. That is what we do best.
  12. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

6,712 Messages
    1,056 Likes Received
    We will show up late 3rd quarter and then eek out a win. Nah, just kidding. We should beat them very badly. How about a 44-6 win?
  13. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,366 Messages
    697 Likes Received
    Of course the Cowboys could lose the game will be on Sunday night on NBC and it's a December game. Their biggest foe won't be the Eagles it will be the Sunday night and December demons that will be wrecking havoc with their psyche.
  14. EGTuna

EGTuna Member

364 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Of course Dallas can lose. They haven't won on Sunday Night since the 2009 season. They haven't beaten Philly at home since the 2009 season. In Andy Reid's tenure as the Philly coach, he's lost both Dallas games only twice (2005,2009).

The interior of the Dallas D is banged up big time, and this could make them very exploitable by runs from rookie Bryce Brown who looks to be for real. This will give Nick Foles time to make a play or two.

Even without Babin, the Cowboys OL will struggle against Philly's DL and LBs.

I expect a close game that goes down to the wire. Maybe Dallas will get turnovers and special teams plays like in the first game, but there's nothing that's happened this season that would allow us fans to expect big plays from the D and ST.
  15. sunbum

sunbum Active Member

691 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  16. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,372 Messages
    1,365 Likes Received
    They probably come out like gangbusters firing on all cylinders. We will then wonder where that has been all season. We might see creativity and a higher tempo in the first half. We might even score more than 10pts in the 1st half :)

Or it could go the other way and we see the normal offense until we are in a do or die situation.

Who knows what team shows up, I sure don't.
  17. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,577 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    What does it say about our team that a game against this Eagles team, who've completely given up, are firing people left, right and center, don't have their star RB or WR or QB, are starting a rookie QB and an undrafted rookie in Brown is most likely going to be a close one?

Or even if it's not close, what does it say about our team that basically every fan believes it has the possibility of going either way?
  18. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I was excited for that first meeting with the Eagles for this very reason. They were walking dead even then and I felt like the Cowboys could lose to them. I'm excited for this game too.
  19. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,305 Messages
    654 Likes Received
    I am always excited about each and every game. I've got my snacks ready and I've already told the kids they have to be in bed by 7:15pm!

My only problem is the emotions I have to deal with if they lose like they did on Thanksgiving. Even my wife knows not to tease me about it anymore!
  20. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There are some games I dread because I know a beating or a let down is coming. It's the games where I literally have no inkling of what they'll do or if I feel like they'll play up to the competition that I get excited for.