1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is there any way we Don't win Sunday night?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gaede, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ykc

ykc Active Member

600 Messages
    40 Likes Received

Exactly, we need to root for 3 straight 5-11 seasons to make Jerry to realize his failures. Remember the last time we went 3 times 5-11? JJ realized his mistakes and hired BP ? it might take few more completely lost seasons for Jerry to fire Jerry...
  2. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received

Garrett is currently 8-0 when his team has faced another team with a record with -2 wins than his team.

Looking good doing it doesn't give you style points in the NFL, and what would make you believe that this team can even "make it look good"?
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,428 Messages
    2,281 Likes Received
    No running back EVER in the SB era won the rushing title and the SB in the same season.

Until Emmitt Smith did it twice.

Stats are important until they aren't.
  4. ykc

ykc Active Member

600 Messages
    40 Likes Received

I disagree, Gaints DL is very very good compared to ours. Their DL can win games by themselves and cover lot of weakness in their backfield. They won 2 SB's with a strong DL and wouldn't be surprised if they do it again...
  5. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received

If they lose than we can talk about meaningless stats I suppose, but 8-0 is still 8-0 until proven otherwise.
  6. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,957 Messages
    1,226 Likes Received
    Can't say that surprises me any team that has -2 wins than the Cowboys completely suck. Those are about the only teams the Cowboys can beat and just barely. The way this season has gone for the Cowboys they could use some style points because winning ugly against bad teams isn't instilling confidence in anyone. Nothing I've seen makes me think they can make it look good even against Philly. I expect a dogfight against two wounded teams Sunday night.
  7. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,721 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Well,maybe.:lmao2: Is Doug Free playing?
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,073 Messages
    3,040 Likes Received
    Actually TD, he did it all 3 times.
  9. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,851 Messages
    2,335 Likes Received
    talking about meaningless stats

how many times have the cowboys scored more than 10 points in the first half this season? :D
  10. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    What a beast he was, I miss him.

To me, he is exactly what I want my RB to be.

Someone else may want a Barry Sanders type, not me, .. Emmitt is the epitome of what a RB should be, .. in my eyes.
  11. demdcowboys#1

demdcowboys#1 Well-Known Member

1,485 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    Sad thing is...I thought we would blow out Cleveland; needed OT to beat them. I don't think we can guarantee any wins. We just arent that good. I think we should beat Philly, considering they are missing every single offensive threat(Jackson, Vick, McCoy). But do I think we blow them out? No... We win by 7 most likely.
  12. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    I agree.

But, to me Emmitt is the best RB ever to play the game.
  13. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,039 Messages
    935 Likes Received
    Me too.

He is literally THE reason I started watching football. I was probably around 8 when I first saw Emmitt and I've been a football and Cowboys fan ever since.
  14. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,138 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    I think that is what I said. :D
  15. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,428 Messages
    2,281 Likes Received
    Third time was overkill, Hos....he was just showing off at that point.