1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Is Tony Romo's new deal Jerry's worst move?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Floaty, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

914 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    Great Point

Jerry has basically sabotaged any kind of rebuilding effort if/when the wheels come off.....

Just look @ these ridiculous numbers

2013: $1.5 million base salary, $11.818 million cap figure
    2014: $13.5 million base salary, $21.773 million cap figure
    2015: $17 million base salary, $25.273 million cap figure
    2016: $8.5 million base salary, $15.135 million cap figure
    2017: $14 million base salary, $19 million cap figure
    2018: $19.5 million base salary, cap figure
    2019: $20.5 million base salary, cap figure

I guess I can start looking forward to watching football again in the year 2020
  2. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    The poor line play has been the problem for five years now. That is a fact. Unless Romo getting hurt, what, three straight seasons as a result is just a small setback in your mind.
  3. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,138 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    NFLN poll. 84% of people say bad deal for Cowboys. 16% say good deal for Cowboys. looks like you Romo lovers atre in the 16%.People know what they see with their eyes.
  4. MyBad

MyBad Member

90 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Hey can't argue with Floaty's signature making ability, but if memory serves me he was banned many time over at the Ranch....:D
  5. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Well-Known Member

1,007 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Don't leave out those stellar defenses. Not off the top of my head but if I were a betting man I would bet that the majority of the SB's the Cowboys have won that they trotted out a top 5 defense. I know Staubach had Doomsday and I know that 1 of Aikmens superbowls he had the no. 1 or no.2 defense and the others were right up there. But no, it's only the QB who can get playoff wins and SB's.
  6. muck4doo

muck4doo Well-Known Member

2,008 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    The stupid burns hot in this thread.
  7. Ultimategamer5567

Ultimategamer5567 Member

824 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Considering 70% of "fans" can't even name all 32 teams in the league...
  8. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

914 Messages
    346 Likes Received
    honestly...as shocked as I was with that deal...

You really weren't sure what was gonna happen. We still had Aikman, Irvin and Smith....And the thinking was we were one piece away from making another SB run.

This Romo deal is Armageddon:shoot1:

And there is no doubt-it's a horrible deal

Our cap situation is gonna be so top heavy that in 2 years we will have to field a team half full of undrafted rookies just to fit under the salary cap.
  9. DoomsDayD

DoomsDayD Well-Known Member

1,674 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    How many games did we win with him. 8??
  10. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

914 Messages
    346 Likes Received

Maybe so...because when the truth hurts someone has got to pay.

Funny how I won their pick'em league 2 years in a row and FF league last year.:rolleyes:
  11. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,138 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    That's what they don't seem to get. we were only 8 and 8, the last 2 years even with Romo. the guy has had one 13 and 3 season, and one 11 and 5 year. other than that that, he has never won 10 games or more in his 7 years as a starter. and he has 1 playoff win since he was in the 11th grade in High School. this who he is.
  12. venky

venky Active Member

439 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    This team, imo, isn't good enough to win a SB. I'd rather win 3 or 4 games a year and build through the draft like SF rather than 8-8 ever year.
  13. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    This deal is two additional years of Romo with ten million in dead money thereafter. it pays him 18 per year over those three years instead of 11,5 next year. It is not a good deal. But we have nowhere better to turn for a future qb. Next year or the year after we will draft a qb and use a year of cheap quarterback to absorb some Romo ware and written dead money. This is a three year plan.
  14. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,351 Messages
    859 Likes Received
    Not his worst, but it's up there.
  15. galebedeker

galebedeker New Member

8 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The worst move was either the Joey Galloway trade or the Roy Williams trade. Jerry has done some good things over the years. Bernie Kosar, Charles Haley, convincing Bill to take Demarcus Ware,etc.
  16. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,630 Messages
    2,179 Likes Received
    Jerry and co. made a series of bad deals which led them to this scenario. He was pretty much forced into extending Tony because of previous cap and signing blunders over the past few years.

I like this deal, maybe a bit too much $, but it needed to be done. So, I don't think this new contract is in the top three mistakes, it is what they did before hand to get them to this point IMO.

Jerry can't keep robbing Peter to pay Paul forever, it will catch up eventually.
  17. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,138 Messages
    320 Likes Received
    +1000. right on the money.i really don't see why some Cowboys fan don't get it.
  18. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,217 Messages
    2,849 Likes Received

FloatyWorm has been banned from numerous forums. Can't happen soon enough here. This thread is outrageous.
  19. weaver21

weaver21 Active Member

691 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Get over yourself, man. Just because you and a couple other people think the Cowboys can't get it done doesn't mean everyone has to think the same. Some people think with a couple pieces added to both lines, this team can win a Super Bowl. Accept it and stop crying over people not agreeing with you.
  20. HoosierCowboy

HoosierCowboy Put Pearson in the HOF

2,113 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    no, because it is a very good move