1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Islamic Saudi Academy in Fairfax, Virginia to stay open

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by The30YardSlant, Jun 17, 2008.

1. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jun/13/state-allows-operation-of-islamic-school/?page=1

Can't say I agree with this at all. They’re teaching children to hate and kill Jews and Christians. A former school valedictorian, Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, was convicted of joining Al Qaeda and plotting to assassinate President Bush.

And they’ve been spreading this radical Islamic ideology in the US for decades. But the State Department has no plans to close this institution.

Why... Because they promised to change their textbooks. Yeah, right...

You can BET YOUR ARSE that if this was an academy in Mississippi teaching hatred towards African-Americans it would be shut down in a week.
  2. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,297 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    Seriously, you suffer from really bad reading comprehension problems. Not once in the article did it say that any textbooks had references to hate and kill Jews and Christians.

One of my friends, who's Muslim, is married to a Christian, and they have a daughter. Another one of my friends, who's Muslim, is married to a Jew, and they have a daughter.

Just grow up.
  3. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    You're arguing semantics.

found textbooks at the 900-student private school had passages that blame the Jews for "discord" and say it is sometimes permissible to kill non-Muslims.

While it doesn't quite specify 'Jews and Christitians', 'non-Muslims' doesn't make it better, or his point any less salient. Chances that they are excluding Jews and Christians are slim to none.

As for your friends, chances are they are American. Residing in America and influenced by the American way of life.

You'll be sure to find such inter-faith marriages, (aside from Sunni-Shia) are much less common in predominantly Islamic countries. Syria banned it and in strictly following the Quran, only Muslim men are allowed to marry outside of their faith, while women aren't.

Another difference between 'Western Ideology' and 'Islamic ideology'.
  4. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,297 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    I'm not arguing semantics. You are.

There's quite the large difference between saying some texts have blamed Jews for "discord" and saying a school teaches killing Jews and Christians. It is permissible to kill non-Muslims under conditions. For example, when you are in war with them. Just like it is permissible by "Western ideology" to kill non-Americans, when you are at war with them.

Doesn't make what better?

He had no point.

Chances are you don't know what you're talking about.

Although born in the US, one grew up and lived in Saudi Arabia until he came back to the US when he started college. The other was born and raised in America. His father was from Iraq and his mother from Tennessee.

Whether they are American or not is irrelevant, because Muslim men are allowed to marry Christian and Jewish women.

Who gives a crap what Syria does? They aren't an Islamic government, and if they ban something that is allowed by the Sharia, they aren't following the Qur'an and they are acting un-Islamic.

Yes, because when a Muslim man marries a Jew or a Christian, he is obligated by his faith to respect her faith and its obligations.

Whereas, if a Muslim woman marries a non-Muslim man, no such conditions hold.

You mean "secular humanism" and "divine law".
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

Maybe you should look up arguing semantics. Seriously.

Usual nothing response.

Chances are, you're going to prove I do in fact, know what I'm talking about...

Really? And how bout the other? You mentioned more than one and only referenced one to make a weak point. Your friend, (as I'd stated) is American. A citizen, is my guess and living in America, living the life-style more than the average Arab in Saudi Arabia is.

Stop the semantics. Syria[/] considers itself Islamic. Whether you do or not is irrelevant, as you are much smaller than the entire country and how it defines itself and carries out it's vision of how Islam is practised.

Well if she's forbidden, apparently the conditions aren't even allowed.

No, I mean a human being having the freedom to love whomever they wish, regardless of some arrogant humans' idea of how others should practise freedom, religion and life.

Good night. :)
  6. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,297 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    Semantics - the study of meanings.

There still is nowhere in any of the meanings of the English language where any rational person can conclude that blaming Jews for "discord" in some texts is equivalent to a school preaching hate and killing against Jews and Christians.

Like the above?

Chances are your only point in arguing is to exhibit your ego.

So what if he's an American citizen? Pakistan is a Muslim country where plenty of Christians reside, and Muslim men have married Christian women over there.

You like to associate Islam with a country only when it suits your irrelevant points.

The fact of the matter is, Islam allows it. It's irrelevant what any country does, whether it claims to be Islamic or doesn't.

I bet Hitler considered himself a Christian too.

Conditions on the non-Muslim man to respect the obligations of her faith.

A human can do whatever they want. No one is preventing them. That is, until they decide to break laws that are against the society they live in, just like in all societies.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,094 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Its crazy what they let this school teach.
  8. gbrittain

gbrittain Well-Known Member

5,097 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Beyond crazy.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,871 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    Love how the libs are always trying to pass laws about hate speech but you do not hear them saying anything about this.
  10. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,943 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    They are more concerned about alienating potential voters over what's best for this country...
  11. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I understand that it takes lies and half-truths in order to play Islam off as something other than a tool for hate-mongering and violence, but try to be a little more believable next time.

This has less than nothing to do with this story

Says the lemming who tries to lie about an article that is open for viewing
  12. Rackat

Rackat Active Member

2,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You're swinging the big bat today.
  13. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Yet you're still arguing semantics.
    It say's, the killing of non-Muslims. Because this article does not specify, which, does not negate HH31's point: it's lousy and a legitimate cause for concern.

Or, more than likely, I can see your hypocrisy every time.

Such is my point, as he can do as he wishes without fear of reprisal.

I associate Islam only with how Muslims associate Islam with themselves. As they go, so goes the perception of them. If a country can shed some of the more ridiculous laws concerning a person's individual right's, then more power to them.

Reality is relevant. How people are forced to live is relevant and what is true to the Quran, but not practised by so called Islamic governments is no source of comfort.

Yes, and you didn't find other Christians making excuses for his crimes. It was other Christians who took him down.
  14. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,094 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Ouch ..... that had to hurt.
  15. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,297 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    Whoopadeedo!

The Bible advocates the killing of non-believers. Because some article "does not specify" and say it does not negate 'such and such' point: it's a lousy and a legitimate cause for concern..."

You argue only to divert the issue and brandish your ego. You're a semantic BSer to the highest degree.

Or more than likely your an egotistical *******.

You invent points as you go along that have no relevance only to attack Islam.

You associate Islam only with how it fits your argument and your preconceived biases and stereotypes.

This second part of the second sentence doesn't even make sense.

Your source of comfort is irrelevant to me.

I'm sure there were plenty of Christians in Germany who supported Hitler and did make excuses for him. After all, one man cannot control an entire country.

But that wasn't the point of the analogy. Horrible attempt at a diversion.
  16. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,297 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    That's because you're feeble mind can't comprehend that you can't hate someone and marry them at the same time.
  17. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,279 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    One point regarding Hitler:

Hitler's religious view are best characterized as chameleonic. He embraced a number of different religions as well as atheism, depending on which best fit his purposes in the moment. Because he was operating in a largely Christian nation and was determined to spread his ideology through the churches, he publicly claimed Christianity as his religion, and espoused the divinity of Jesus Christ in numerous public venues.

However, his private correspondence reveals something far different. Joseph Goebbels, the renown Nazi propagandist, stated that Hitler was "deeply religious, but deeply anti-Christian. He regards Christianity as a symptom of decay."

According to Albert Speer, another of Hitler's confidants, Hitler said “you see, it’s been our misfortune to have the wrong religion. Why didn’t we have the religion of the Japanese, who regard sacrifice for the Fatherland as the highest good? The Mohammedan religion too would have been much more compatible to us than Christianity. Why did it have to be Christianity with its meekness and flabbiness?"

Hitler also opposed the notion of an official state position on religion. During his dictatorship, he wanted a government that was as religiously neutral as possible.
  18. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,297 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    I understand your need, in addition to the evidence, to disassociate Hitler from Christianity.

One wonders why the "ulterior motive" rationalization doesn't apply to Osama bin Laden and Islam for certain people.