1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Isnt Carpenter an outside LB?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by juck, Nov 12, 2006.

1. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,124 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    in Ohio State?Its time to show why we picked him first perhaps.he will actually be better than ellis in coverage.
  2. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,703 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    Greg was turning into the best LB on the team. I don't think Carp will be better than him at anything.
  3. rexrobinson

rexrobinson Active Member

1,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    well maby in coverage he would be better, other than that nothing...
  4. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    Ware has been a far better linebacker. Ellis was doing OK for a big guy making the transition, but he wasn't playing anywhere close to Ware's all-around level of play.
  5. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Benched

229 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Akin is going to SOLB and Carpenter to Jack...

Or thats whats my Ranch insider has told me....
  6. rexrobinson

rexrobinson Active Member

1,039 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree. Ware is getting beat on by critics here cause he doesnt have the sacks but I promise you ever single down they know where he is and they have someone extra (on pass plays) to chip him or double team him.

They respect him even if people here do not. Now maby if he stuck a needle in his arm and gained about 30 more pounds with the same speed he would have those sexy stats Merriman has.
  7. Kevlee06

Kevlee06 New Member

470 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't know what people see. But Ware is the much better LB. Sacks about the same. Ware has more pressures. Better in coverage. And even plays the run better (nobody is beating HIM to the outside).

Ellis will be missed because of he is a "pressure player". But I'll take two Ware's before I take two Ellis'.
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,703 Messages
    414 Likes Received
    I agree. Ellis wasn't our best LB. He was getting better every week though, and I don't think the gap was nearly as wide as you say.