1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

It Wasn't So Long Ago...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by followthestar, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,235 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Mental errors, discipline and turnovers were areas we as fans were told would be cleaned up and improved. That has not happened and that is my issue with this coaching staff. Add to that the fact that Garrett looks lost running a game and you have a mess. We are still trying to crawl 2.5 years after we should already be running. I think many agree with me. I'm sorry, It's not asking a lot to expect coaches to make sure fundamentals are a given. We should be way beyond the stage this team is at right now.
  2. DragonCowboy

DragonCowboy Well-Known Member

5,390 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Yeah, turnover differential has definitely cost us games and is a bigger deal than clock management.

I'm just pointing to clock management as something that really has nothing to do with our inferior talent...that's usually something you can blame directly on the coach.

The way I see it is that we just don't have time to sit through Jason's growing pains. Romo's years are getting wasted, and considering how tough it was to find a quarterback after Aikman, it might be years after Romo's done before we have another legitimate shot at anything substantial.
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,245 Messages
    1,827 Likes Received
    I don't think they stunk at Baltimore or Atlanta. Teh went down tot he wire in both games on the road vs two Super Bowl contenders. That is not stinking by anyones definition.

As for the others, it probably depends on how you define "stunk".
  4. ShiningStar

ShiningStar Well-Known Member

6,150 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    im loving this a win is a win is a win and they dont give wins back. every win is a legit win.
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,647 Messages
    4,524 Likes Received
    I'm about as big a Garrett fan as we've got (I think), and I'll admit the clock management and red zone offensive efficiency are obvious problems. I just think people overestimate their importance. I also happen to really value the process and the methodical way he's approached building the team.

What's weird is we're on a two game winning streak with another winnable game coming, and the frustration with the HC seems to be getting louder rather than quieter.
  6. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Posting outlandish opinions and comments just to get people riled up. Very definition of a trolling right there. I'm sorry, but you can't tell me you've watched this teams performance week in and week out and you "love" what you see. Your act is transparant.
  7. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    There's no act. I've seen every game. There's a great function on this site you can employ. I've said nothing outlandish.
  8. Idgit

28,647 Messages
    4,524 Likes Received
    You'd expect him to be more disappointed after today's victory, huh? It's weird. Thanks for being there to bring us back down to earth.
  9. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,642 Messages
    1,258 Likes Received
    We are now to the point that taking a 2-7 team to OT to win is something to rejoice and defend.

Sorry, I expect more from this team than you, it appears.
  10. Idgit

28,647 Messages
    4,524 Likes Received
    Don't care, won game.

You expect more from the team than I, and yet you're the 'realist' and I'm the one who wasn't disappointed this afternoon. Funny how that works.
  11. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh1: sure thing buddy. I totally believe it's not an act. Jason is a "great" coach. And I'm sure you really really really "love" what you're seeing from this team on Sundays. :laugh2: :laugh1:
  12. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,235 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Agreed. I guess a detailed analysis of these "good things" is not forthcoming because there's simply "no there, there"
  13. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,690 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    qft. this team, best case scenario, is 1 and done in the playoffs. 8 and 8 is more likely. maybe 9 and 7. our OL is horrible.

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  14. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,459 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    You expect more than a WIN? :rolleyes:
  15. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,464 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    First thing I've ever seen you get right. Except the buddy part. High five.
  16. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,655 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    :muttley: