1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

It will be one of these picks...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by a_minimalist, Apr 5, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Active Member

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    There seems to be a general consensus about who the Cowboys will draft in the 1st round. A general consensus amongst these players.

Fletcher Cox, Mark Barron, Stephon Gilmore/Dre Kirkpatrick, or David DeCastro.

I have my preferences but I think I'd be happy with any of them. Would you guys agree that we will most likely see one of these names called at #14?
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,112 Likes Received
    I would not be surprised if one of these guys was our 1st rd pick. Not sure that Dallas will take some these guys with the 14th I think some could happen if Dallas looks to move down in the 1st rd.
  3. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,181 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    If I had to put money on who I think they are targeting and could not get out of the 14th position and had to take a player at #14 it would be..........

Mark Barron
  4. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,748 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    I agree with the OP,we can narrow it down as in the coming days but I think Cox might make the biggest impact of them all.
  5. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,458 Messages
    1,650 Likes Received
    A few days ago I think it was Poe.

Now I think it's Barron or Cox.
  6. canters

canters Active Member

1,786 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Other than Claiborne, the CB from LSU, there does not seem to be a great bona fide day one impact starter on D in the first 15-18 picks, IMO, maybe Ingram but some would disagree with that.

We can trade back and get one of these guys listed.
  7. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,112 Likes Received
    Or just take a consensus player in DeCastro if he is still on the board at 14
  8. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

1,955 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    add Brockers and Poe to that list
  9. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,231 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    no please don't
  10. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,231 Messages
    288 Likes Received
    all those players the OP stated could come in this year and help out.
  11. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    There is no way I am adding Poe. He is the only player that will make my blood boil if we use our 1st round pick on him. We want to win now. He isn't a proven player. He needs at least 2 years of work. If they chose him it would contradict everything Jerry Jones has said about "winning now". I will make and pass out Jerry Sucks t-shirts to anyone who will wear one if they choose Poe. It sounds dramatic but I vehemently oppose the idea of picking Poe.

And don't get me wrong. I love Jerry Jones. I just think he needs to wake up a bit though.
  12. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I really can't believe they will pick him. I'm scaring myself because I hope I'm not convincing myself to ignore the inevitable.
  13. CCBoy

CCBoy Benched

16,573 Messages
    1,084 Likes Received
    Despite the bru ha ha's...neither Poe or DeCastro have been in for a visit.
  14. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,811 Messages
    7,178 Likes Received
    I'd wittle it down to Barron, Cox, Brockers or trade down.
  15. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    This sounds good to me, and also very likely.
  16. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,778 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    Barron, Cox or DeCastro and I'm happy.

The trade down option seems an enticing one, because there are so many good options at 14 that if we can trade down 3-5 spots, one of those options will likely still be available. You have to be able to find a trade partner though and someone else will likely have the same thought process.
  17. a_minimalist

4,545 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Same here. Those are three i think will make the biggest impact right away. As we get closer to draft day the idea of trading down bothers me. I just hope they don't try and get too fancy and out think the room only to screw themselves over.

Just play it straight and see how it works out. No matter what there's always going to be "we could have done this or that"
  18. Risen Star

20,811 Messages
    7,178 Likes Received
    As a fan, you can never really comment on trading since we don't know what's being offered.

But I'm of the mindset that this team needs depth all throughout the roster and a small trade down to net another pick of two wouldn't be a bad thing.

I don't want to see them drop out of the 1st round, just a 5-8 spot drop.
  19. Risen Star

20,811 Messages
    7,178 Likes Received
    Yeah, that was just my best guess on what they will do. Not what I would do.
  20. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,066 Messages
    2,487 Likes Received
    Consensus. Only a consensus.