1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

It's official - Kiffin new DC

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Coy, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,101 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    Any early rumors on assistants?
  2. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Stackin and Processin, Well

8,616 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Your defensive coordinator so old he drove a chariot to high school.
  3. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Someone help me!! I'm having chest pains!!!:rolleyes:
  4. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,727 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    that's not what i said at all actually, each person picks a record. if one gets it right they win the bet, pretty simple. If neither gets the record right, it's a wash. which is why i picked the over/under .500. it allows for one of the parties to win more easily.

i'm not "running" from anything, i still think Dallas will be way under .500 at season's end
  5. Hostile

Hostile It Has Been Fun Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    Anyone have the number to 911 in his area?
  6. Apollo Creed

8,616 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Yes, Mr. Kiffin will need assistance using the rest room, bathing, etc.
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,642 Messages
    2,460 Likes Received
    Walked 20 miles to school each day.
    In the snow.
    Uphill.
    Both ways. :D
  8. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    Jerry never has been shy about spending when the cap space is there...Jerry may be a lot of things but cheap isn't one of them.
  9. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wonder if I'm the only one who'll missed the "why don't we switch back to the 4-3" threads after EVERY SINGLE loss.

But I am looking forward to the first why don't we switch back to the 3-4 thread.
  10. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,277 Messages
    542 Likes Received
    I'm sure Marinelli and Morris will come up, along with Ron Meeks out in San Diego.
  11. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    That's running from 4-12. I hate to tell you, but 7-9 is a long way from 4-12. And thinking anyone has to hit the exact record to win the bet is further proof of it.
  12. Apollo Creed

8,616 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Can't wait to see Kiffin come up in his Flintstones style car.
  13. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    Based on DWAREZ post earlier maybe we keep our current guys. Sounds like they lost their rudder.
  14. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

7,101 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    Fail. :D
  15. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    If I were him I'd walk up to the PC table with the aid of a walker then challenge Steve Dennis and Tim McMahon to a foot race.
  16. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,986 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Call whatever you want.

Norm stated this time last year that Jerry had no clue how to build a football team. He said that Jerry should look at NE and Pittsburgh to understand how you build a good program. You start with an identity and build around it. He stated it again on his show at 10:00am CST.

He also used Jimmy as an example. When Jimmy arrived in Dallas he immediately said the Cowboys were going to run you over on offense and run you down on defense. He held true to his words.

Norm used the example of Jerry focusing on CBs that could stop the Giants receivers as his model. Now that the Redskins are coming on he wants to move in another direction?

I agree with you that Jerry will spare no expense to get to the SB. The question is: Does he even know how he plans to get there? No identity.
  17. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,727 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    fair enough, we can revisit after the draft and FA
  18. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,087 Messages
    990 Likes Received
    I can't remember, other than a Rooney Rule guy (Ray?) did they interview anyone else than Garrett for HC?
  19. RGKN33

RGKN33 New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I like kiffin but at the same time dont understand the direction . yes we are going to 4-3 but the personnel doesnt match well . Our corners have to cover the flats and drop into zone weve seen how that zone has worked out at times this year .

We dont have very good safeties . i think ware and spencer would be fine at the le and re .

We obviously need some d tackles .

So its kind of incomplete to me right now until i see whos on this team through the draft and FA . I think signing Byrd and drafting some dline man is a must as well as another safety .

If this is the defense we go to war with i am not impressed . A top notch safety and some really good dts are a must ! Another lb would help as well .

But like its been said already the offense (romo, garrett, and the oline) are the REAL problem !
  20. Hostile

119,127 Messages
    3,213 Likes Received
    Todd Bowles and Ray Sherman.