1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

It's put up or shut up time for Garrett

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by tecolote, Dec 7, 2012.

1. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,313 Messages
    707 Likes Received
    Don't waste our time with some common sense. ;)
  2. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I thought this team was put together by coach Garrett. I thought no one was on this team without his stamp of approval. He is responsible for the mess on the line along with Mr. Jones. Try again. He has the team unprepared cant excuse it because now you think a player sucks, when the coach was responsible for him being on the team.
  3. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,587 Messages
    1,557 Likes Received
    toughest schedule really.

Noticed you have no evidence

This team has not made fewer mistakes; had fewer penalties; has shown not a bit of difference as regards playing consistency and is hovering at .500 as it has been for years.

No improvement in any form that shows.

But come on with your EVIDENCE.

Not that I expect you to answer
  4. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    Here here.
  5. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,646 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    Exactly. We honestly shouldn't have 6 wins with all these injuries.
  6. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,646 Messages
    166 Likes Received
    The first 8 games of the season we played against 5 teams that lead the division and 7 games that were against teams in the playoff picture still today. And we've also played Washington who is still in the playoff picture since and still play Cincy, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Washington again, all still fighting for playoff spots.

Very easy schedule huh?
  7. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,054 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    :facepalm:

I'll just assume you know little about the history of the NFL and the Cowboys in general.
  8. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,313 Messages
    707 Likes Received
    Hasn't even been 2 full years yet friend. Roster is being changed if you haven't noticed.
  9. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,313 Messages
    707 Likes Received
    :) You guys are funny. I just gave you evidence. There are two kinds of blindness... the kind you can't help.... and the kind you choose.
  10. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,725 Messages
    2,401 Likes Received
    The first 8 games of the season our opponents had a winning % of .640 and that was by far the toughest schedule in the NFL at that time. I do not have it calculated since then. For reference though, last year the team with the toughest schedule was was between .560 and .570 if I remember right.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

30,468 Messages
    6,173 Likes Received
    Which of the NFCE competitors with the better OLs and better coaches are reaping all the benefits of these advantages? Since we're playing similar schedules to the Giants, Sk*ns, Eagles, it should be showing up in the W/L column someplace, right? Or do those guys need to be looking to upgrade their coaches this offseason, too?
  12. Bigdog24

Bigdog24 Well-Known Member

1,935 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Its been a tough season for the Cowboys..... The Sky was the limit on opening day...great game against the Giants but it has been a constant struggle from there.

Owner/GM Jerry Jones over hyped the Cowboys
    It actually rained on the Cowboys in Cowboy stadium on Thanksgiving
    Garrett's game management issues
    Romo 5xINT games
    The OL is horrid...and its in constant flux
    Felix Jones fumbling /out of shape/always hurt
    Ratliff always hurt
    lousy start to of games with last minute heroics's to try and get the win
    Fan's actually started/signed a national petition to get rid of Jerry Jones
    Now this Brent situations

Whats next.....The 2012 Cowboys are a hard team to understand. Its been a constant emotional toll for the fans....its ranged from humiliated and embarrassed to setting on the edge of the seat cheering the team on.

For the first time in years, I think the owner Jerry Jones knows things are just messed up....but he does not no how to fix it or what to fix.
  13. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,262 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Based on results you cannot name one worst coach in Cowboys history, the only one you could argue is Campo, then again he didn't have Romo, Witten, Dez, Ware, Ratliff etc... Just look at his teams. So I guess the OP does know his Cowboys history. :rolleyes:
  14. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received

He is 4 games away from completing 2 1/2 seasons as the Cowboys head coach. The team has regressed and it isn't even close. I don't put it all on him it is the Culture Mr. Jones has created and the staff he and Coach Garrett have assembled.
  15. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,821 Messages
    588 Likes Received
    Well you know what they say about assumptions.
  16. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,285 Messages
    893 Likes Received
    Just think how great it will be when we hear the words of the protege, " don't eat the cheese."

Cannot wait.
  17. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,591 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    When the team actually quits on him I will join in on the chant but we have been in almost every single game to the very end.. Can't say that about a lot of other coaches we've had...
  18. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,313 Messages
    707 Likes Received
    He has not been the head coach, in charge of roster decisions and draft, for 2 and 1/2 years. Just not true. This is his second year as non-interim head coach.
  19. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

959 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Jerry Jones- "You’ve got to realize that Jason has been the key guy with Romo for five years. The facts are that Jason, for the last five years, has been very influential with how we drafted and how we picked up offensive football players. Very influential for five years. Because Wade was a real delegator. So he had a lot of input in where we are. I like that. That’s a big plus for us.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...s-a-real-del.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy
  20. OklahomaCowboy88

OklahomaCowboy88 Benched

265 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't bother. That has been posted at least three times in response to Garrett lovers claiming he hasn't been able to get his kind of guys to run his kind of system.

He's a terrible head coach and the team is handicapped because of him.