1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

It's time for a new car

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by casmith07, Apr 12, 2012.

1. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,145 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    Fed up with my Infiniti before this, but walked outside today and the driver's side mirror was on the ground due to a hit and run driver.

Mileage is continuing to climb, and collision claims/accidents are continuing, which are going to cause my value to plummet. So, it's time for something new!

Front-runner is a BMW 3...does anyone have one who would want to chime in? theogt?
  2. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,018 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Love my BMW 330i. You will too if decide to go that route. I think I am BMW for life.
  3. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    BMW's are awesome cars. If you get one I would recommend an extended service/maintenance agreement, as those cars seem to run into issues after 60,000 miles. You may also check out a Nissan Maxima. (I couldnt help it I sell them)
  4. casmith07

27,145 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    I'm really thinking of getting a 335i with European Delivery. The cool thing is as an Army guy I can catch a military hop from Baltimore to Ramstein, Germany to pick it up, and avoid the expensive Lufthansa prices.

I can't stand the Maxima's styling. But I do like Nissan/Infiniti. Just time for something new.
  5. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,018 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    With upkeep (standard oil changes, check-ups and tune-ups) they can last for a very long time without running into significant issues. I am at 120,000 and the only thing I needed to replace was the battery and alternator. Other than that, it still runs new.
  6. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,910 Messages
    2,837 Likes Received
    What year do you have? 2006?
  7. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,018 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Its a 2005. I don't need an upgrade, but I'm considering it only because I want some of the more modern features available.
  8. casmith07

27,145 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    Yeah I never understood why people always said "x car falls apart at _____".

If you do regular, routine maintenance (mostly changing the oil on time and ensuring all fluids are topped off) cars these days run well for a long time.

My Infiniti is approaching 110,000 and I've done nothing but replace the battery. And that was at 100k.
  9. casmith07

27,145 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    That's a reason why I've been on the fence about getting something new for about a year now. Tons of features were missing from the first iteration of the G35's redesign in 2007.
  10. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I've never had a 3 series, but the 5 series and X5's are nice. I liked the 3 series better before they changed it last.

That said, BMWs are generally great cars. The seat warmers warm up faster than the Mercs!
  11. casmith07

27,145 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    KEY!

The only feature it doesn't appear to have that I want is ventilated seats. Maybe later in life when I get a big boy car.
  12. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,544 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    Bought my wife a 2008 Tacoma 4 door pickup last Friday. Speedway Blue color.

Yeah, I got lucky.
  13. casmith07

27,145 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    "Bought my wife" -- we all know who's truck it REALLY is, right?.....right?? :eek::
  14. Hostile

118,544 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    I'll be buying myself one soon, but it will be the darker, Cowboys blue.
  15. casmith07

27,145 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    My current car is Cowboys blue, and my next one will be as well.

My dad has a Cowboys blue Honda Ridgeline. His last Ridgeline was the color of the green pants, actually, which is kind of funny.

You also going for a Toyota?
  16. Hostile

118,544 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    I actually may get the silver one and then do a custom Cowboys paint job on it.

Yes, I love Toyota trucks and cars.
  17. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,081 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    If you take care of any car nowadays most will last to 100,000 miles. However some vehicles have more of a history of breaking down than others. With how good your Infiniti has been to you would you not consider a G-37?
  18. casmith07

27,145 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    I absolutely would, but as a semi-enthusiastic car guy, I like to drive different stuff.
  19. JustDezIt

JustDezIt Formerly sm0kie13 ROY

3,637 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    You talking about air conditioned seats? I got a good deal on a 09 Lincoln MKZ and it has them. Not sure if you like the styling of it, but there are good deals to be had on low mileage MKZs
  20. casmith07

27,145 Messages
    2,559 Likes Received
    Yeah, the butt-coolers. I want those!