1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

It's Tuesday, I Hate TV, I'm Bored, Gonna Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Apr 27, 2011.

1. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,284 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    I might not need my usual cup of coffee this morning afterall. :)
  2. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,865 Messages
    2,343 Likes Received
    dont like it
    no way rackley lasts until #89 (even if he dosent go in 2)

so the end result of this scenario will be that we will end up with only moffit on OL

unpopular opinion but peterson is not a once in a decade CB, i am not a fan of trading up for the shiny toy when we have so many meat and potato needs

look at the teams that have won (or played in SBs) recently, most of them (NE, Pitt, GB, NO, etc) dont have top 15-20 CBs

teams that compete yeat in year out have a good QB, strong in the trenches, put pressure on QB

that is what we need
  3. esmith1790

esmith1790 Member

165 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I want to confirm, moving up from 9 costs a 3rd. San Deigo moving from 50 to ours also costs a 3rd?
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Since this year will be uncapped, yes. Jerry and Stephen can structure the deal to pay most of the money up front similar to Miles Austin's deal that happened last year in the uncapped year.

I think they'll do the same restructuring to keep Terence Newman, since his cap hit is more than it costs to keep him on the roster for a year.
  5. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,284 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    Value of Pick 40: 500

Value of Pick 50: 400
    Value of Pick 89: 145

So technically we are actually making a bit of a profit off them, but the values are relative anyway.
  6. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,087 Messages
    3,075 Likes Received
    I think your boy becomes a Cowboy unless someone grabs him before we plan to.
  7. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,385 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    can't get behind any offseason plan that does not protect romo. Seriously doubt ATL lets Clabo go. What then? We are wasting Romo's final few productive years if we don't upgrade the OL.
  8. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    You still think he will be there at 6 Hos with all of the rumors of teams wanting to move up?

and have we looked at Moffitt?

I would be happy with this draft
  9. Hostile

119,087 Messages
    3,075 Likes Received
    The teams wanting to move up have almost all been about QB or WR. Maybe pass rusher. I haven't seen anything about wanting to move up for a CB except Houston and I don't think they take Peterson over Miller. Wade needs his pass rusher.
  10. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,284 Messages
    1,233 Likes Received
    Speaking of which, how exactly does Mario Williams fit into the 3-4 plans? Seems like a huge waste to put him at DE.

Maybe they plan to try and replicate Ratliff's success and put him at NT, but he's a legit 6'7", if his combine numbers were correct.

I think DE is his natural fit, curious to see the kind of success a legitimate elite 4-3 pass rusher has at 3-4 end.
  11. Hostile

119,087 Messages
    3,075 Likes Received
    I think it is a waste too. But that is where he will have to play. Sad really.
  12. DezBRomo9

DezBRomo9 Not enough blitzing.. Zone Supporter

1,637 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    I think like said above both Rackley and Herzlich are both drafted one round higher, with Herzlich possibly going at the end of round 3.

I would love Rackley in r3 and Herzlich in r4.

I'm doing a mock draft right now and seeing 2 of them being drafted by us.
  13. AZ_Cowboys_Fan

AZ_Cowboys_Fan Member

516 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Man, I hope you're right. I want PP just as badly as you do but I'm not getting my hopes up. If you believe what SDogo reported today Denver is seriously considering PP at #2. I just don't want to get my hopes up for this and then be crushed.
  14. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    but IMO he does not get past Denver

Carolina - takes Dareous or PP
    Denver - take who ever Carolina leaves them with
  15. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,682 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    Switch out #143 for Cannon, and #220 for best safety or CB. Take the pothead Jenkins in the supp. draft and pray that it works- CHAMPIONSHIP!!