1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

It's Unanimous: Stan Is The Man

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by RS12, Aug 25, 2010.

  1. RS12

    RS12 Well-Known Member

    14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    "The St. Louis Rams have a new owner -- finally. Stan Kroenke was approved this morning in Atlanta by a full vote of the NFL's league membership, making him the seventh majority owner in the team's 73-year history.

    Kroenke, a billionaire from Columbia, Mo., already owned 40 percent of the team before the vote. But after the league's finance committee recommended unanimously last week that Kroenke's bid be approved by the league, his purchase of of the remaining 60 percent ownership of the team appeared to be a mere formality.

    "We are delighted with today's vote by NFL owners," Kroenke said in a statement released by the Rams. "It is one of the very high points of our long association with the NFL. We look forward to working with our fellow owners and Commissioner (Roger) Goodell as the transaction is finalized and in the years ahead. ...

    "Building organizations that win consistently is a challenge that we understand. We are excited about the opportunity as principal owner of the St. Louis Rams."

    Today's vote by the 32 club owners to approve Kroenke was unanimous.

    "Fifteen years ago, my family entered a partnership with Stan Kroenke and it has been a wonderful relationship," said former majority owner Chip Rosenbloom said in a statement. "Although today is an emotional day and the end of an era for our family, it is also the beginning of a new chapter in the rich history of the St. Louis Rams. We look forward to Stan continuing the great tradition of the organization. On behalf of my sister Lucia (Rodriguez) and our entire family, we congratulate Stan and the Kroenke family on becoming the majority owner of the Rams."

    The purchase is based on an overall franchise value of $750 million, 60 percent of which amounts to $450 million.

    Money was never an issue for Kroenke. He and his wife, Ann - a Wal-Mart heiress - are worth $6 billion, according to Forbes. Kroenke has made a fortune on his own in real estate and strip mall development; many of his projects have included Wal-Mart stores."
  2. RS12

    RS12 Well-Known Member

    14,139 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    Did anybody really think Kroenke would not be approved even though he owned the Denver Nuggets? There was absolutely no chance the league would risk pissing off Walmart. They move huge amounts of NFL gear for the league.

Share This Page