1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I've Got the Mocking Pneumonia...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,906 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    ...and the boogie woogie flu, which looks like this.

[IMG]

Okay, let me get to work. ~rolls up sleeves~

Some of my Free Agency plans are out the door. But some are still intact. It is beginning to look like this is a year where Jerry goes all in in Free Agency trying to get over the hump. So...

Bring back...Anthony Spencer, Mat McBriar, Tony Fiammetta, and Laurent Robinson. I know people are not crazy about Spencer, but the team does not agree with you on his worth.

Sign...Carl Nicks, OG; Brandon Carr, CB; Mario Williams, DE (yes, I am serious); and Josh Johnson, QB

Say Goodbye to...Keith Brooking (possibly back on the coaching staff), Bradie James, Terence Newman, David Buehler, Martellus Bennett, Alan Ball, Frank Walker, Abram Elam, Derrick Dockery, Montrae Holland, and Jon Kitna.

Draft

#14. David DeCastro, OG, Stanford, 6'5", 315. There is not a doubt in my mind that upgrading the OL in front of Tony Romo is the #1 priority on this football team and I mean long term solutions not a short term band aid.

#45. Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska, 6'4", 285.
    Also not a doubt in my mind that we need pass rush from the front 7 and some guys don't cut the mustard. If he were not injured this guy is a no doubt about it 1st round talent. I do not pass on him.

#82. Jayron Hosley, CB, Va Tech, 5'10" 180.
    I continue to be amazed that he is ranked as a 3rd round prospect, I'd be delighted to get him here even though a good friend on this board told me to never draft guys from the Hokies. He and Brandon Boykin are my two favorite CBs in this Draft. If Boykin fell that far I might take him over Hosley.

#113. Phillip Blake, C, Baylor, 6'2", 315. ** I am sold on the belief that we are highly interested in this kid and that he starts immediately.

#144. Hebron Fangupo, NT, BYU, 6'1", 331. ** With Josh Brent disappearing due to injury so much last year I want insurance and I flat out think this kid has what it takes to be a very good at the next level.

#175. Jerry Franklin, ILB, Arkansas, 6'1", 240.
    ** With 2 veterans leaving we need depth and this kid provides it.

6th round Supplemental pick...Ryan Broyles, WR, Oklahoma, 5'10", 190. A guy I just don't mind taking a chance on because he is fearless in the slot and over the middle. Never mind his size, his heart is big enough.

#206. Donte Paige-Moss, OLB, North Carolina, 6'4", 260.
    ** My no doubt about it pet cat. I believe if he were not injured and/or stayed in school he is a day 2 pick. Has the potential to start one day and be a QB's nightmare.

** These pick numbers will move down once Supplemental picks are added in the 3rd through 7th rounds.
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    That would be great FA haul.

EDIT: By the way, the guy going the dance looks like a young Garrett. :)
  3. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,978 Messages
    286 Likes Received
    Those are pretty much the top 3 FA's. Man if we could sign all of that up.

WOW! :eek:

If that would be the case that draft would make total sense.

Who would play safety for us. Scandrick?

Does Mario Williams play DE for us in the 3-4 and 4-3 since we sign Spencer?
  4. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,115 Messages
    1,345 Likes Received
    Hos, that would be oh so sweet an off season...give me Williams, Nicks, and Carr, and the team moves much closer to being fully functional again. Add in a trio of players via the draft that includes: DeCastro, Crick, and Hosley to that trio, and things now take on strong directional views. Plug in an additional middle linebacker, which you picked Franklin, and I'm very interested. I like that you added Blake to the mix for center. I would think that between he and Nagy, that Costa would be forced off roster as well.
  5. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,426 Messages
    1,684 Likes Received
    I think I bring back Holland for depth and go after a diff. CB in the draft than Hosely. Other than that I like....especially Broyles and Paige-Moss to close out the draft. Those guys could both be real players.
  6. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This draft/FA = CHAMPIONSHIPZ!!

*I like Crick in the 2nd. Dude was considered one of the BEST DT's after Suh left.
  7. ferrispata

ferrispata Active Member Zone Supporter

318 Messages
    44 Likes Received

Looks good Hos. However, I would pass on Nicks and grab Grubbs (if any Guard in FA). I don't think there is any way we can get Nicks (or Grubbs) and Mario however. Between the two, I would rather have Mario, and address the G/C deficiency in the draft (lovin Blake too). And I think with the possibilities out there in FA for Safeties, we will see the Boys grab a Branch, Landry, Huff, or Goldson (sp?) (would love Branch since he can even cover fast slot receivers apparently when needed, good flexibility that way and you know Ryan loves Def. flexibility in his schemes). And what is the status of McBriar? I would love to have him back if healthy. I would like Laurent back as you mentioned but it would depend on $$. There are alot of options out there in FA for WR. If not Laurent, we will grab someone else.
  8. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,971 Messages
    869 Likes Received
    Oohhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaah I like it

Especially Broyles, Crick and Blake picks
  9. Hostile

118,906 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Yes, on the weak side.
  10. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,133 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    there is no way we will get Nicks, Carr, Williams. If we got 2/3 of them I would donate 100 dollars to cowboyszone. I honestly believe we will not make splash in Free Agency. I think we grab a back-up QB and a MLB.

I really like your mock though, I think Boykin might be the best option if he is there in the 3rd, but I have him going in the 2nd.
  11. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,910 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Yep... the guy is Dynamite...
  12. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,490 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Love this entire off-season. We would be a dominating force with this draft.

Mario Williams and Jared Crick!? Mario Williams on the weak side lined up in front of DeMarcus Ware!?!? If you're a left tackle, who you gonna block/hold?

Love it, Hos. Sign me up. And you have Hosley on there, which is a great pick. I tend to agree on Boykin over Hosley, though, if they're both on the board. Boykin played in the SEC, so that's where I give him the nod.
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,147 Messages
    1,117 Likes Received
    Forget the draft, if we got those FA's I probably would have a grin on my face regardless of the picks.
  14. newnationcb

newnationcb Well-Known Member

2,628 Messages
    318 Likes Received

What does that even mean?

Weak side double teams for a 3-4 DE can be more devastating than the strong side ones a lot of times because the double team is from a G and a LT while about half of the strong side double teams would be from a TE and a RT.

He just doesn't fit in our scheme; especially for the money you'd be paying him.
  15. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,110 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Where are you getting all this money hostile & how are you being creative to bring back Spencer-Robinson & FA signing Nicks-Williams-Carr? I think you might have had a bit of a buzz before you made this post because the Cowboys simply don't have the money to makes these moves & I think you know that. I expect to get realistic information and thoughts when it comes to you & this post didn't have any
  16. Dcowboy84

Dcowboy84 Well-Known Member

1,143 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    so are you thinking we sign Spencer long-term Hos or the franchise tag?

i have never had an issue with bringing him back b/c he does more than he's given credit for.

i just cringe at the idea of an $8.8 mil cap hit for the franchise tag
  17. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Granting that it's even remotely possible, I'd be down for that offseason haul of talent.

I would trade out Crick at #45 for a guy like Kendall Reyes (whom I think can play in any scheme) or Vinny Curry, and I would look at Joe Adams in the 4th round if available.
  18. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,115 Messages
    1,345 Likes Received
    No, what you request above is being spoon fed. There has been ample talk on site on Cap available funds and how things of that nature can be done, without financial short circuiting. Washington has done more for over a decade now...but that's another storyline than the intent of this OP by Hos.
  19. Hostile

118,906 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Yeah, the money can be there to do this. It requires some creative financing, but it is doable.
  20. Hostile

118,906 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    I think he gets a 5 year deal.