1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

I've Got the Mocking Pneumonia...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Hostile, Feb 24, 2012.

1. cobra

cobra Salty Bastard

3,134 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This is almost perfect in my mind. The only think I would change to make it dream come true is if there was a way to make the Broyles pick into Devon Wylie. But I'd be thrilled if it could happen.

You could drop Mario Williams out and I'd still be thrilled.

Love Nicks, Carr, DeCastro, Crick, Hosley, Fangupo, and Paige-Moss.

What do I love most of all?

My only absolute must move this year. I will never watch another game in which he suits up for this team.
  2. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,399 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Theres no way we make that splash in Free Agency....now u can awake !!!
  3. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I like everything about this Hos, with the exception of Blake in the fourth. Nothing against Blake, but I don't think a 4th round rookie at center will solve our problems there. If we were to sign an old FA vet to fill in next season and let the kid work into the spot, then it would be fine. But I am not with starting him out the gate.
  4. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,369 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Ratliff stays at NT, and Church is the new S?

Phillips is 2d TE?

Only other questions are 3d TE, 4th OT (maybe), 5th CB, 3d S.
  5. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,542 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I like everything about it except for Williams. He will cost too much and I would replace him with Tracy Porter or Terrell Thomas (if his knee checks out). Can never have too many good CB's. Besides if those players play well, Jenkins can leave next year and we have his replacement already. Any draft that has DeCastro in it, is a excellent draft for me.
  6. Goku

Goku Benched

388 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    nice mock. i really like that draft.
  7. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,221 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    This would be sweet...FA and draft as well
  8. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,120 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    This would bring the fans that are sour on Jerry back for sure IMO.

This is what Jerry is, glitz, glamour, NY Yankees Steinbrenner, etc. you have the best franchise in sports, stadium, etc. go buy us a team!

I love it and would be so shocked with the FA haul we could go BPA in all 7 rds.

It can be done, look at Philly last year, they signed every FA out there!
  9. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

31,052 Messages
    1,905 Likes Received
    I think the FA haul is a big "no-way" Hos.
  10. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Word is Texans are preparing a epic offer for Williams. I just don't see that one happening but the others are very possible.
  11. L-O-Jete

L-O-Jete Member

885 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    This is the most ridiculous thing I've read, the only thing missing is trading Jesse Holley for Megatron, Spears for Willis, Kosier for Mangold and a conditional 5th in next years draft for Ed Reed...
    I know, to make it more realistic we'll trade Felix for Patrick Peterson!
  12. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,221 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    The problem with the Philly idiots is they drafted by big name recognition not so much need...it makes them fill "elite" with big names...they over paid Nnamdi by 20M to keep him from coming here and signed Steve Smith to keep him from the Giants...both of which backfired on them...Nnamdi had a down year and losing Smith allowed Cruz to rise up...but as they proclaim..they are the "gold standard" of the NFL
  13. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,667 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I really like Crick, but am worried about his injuries. Not so much his injuries that kept him out for the season, but the two concussions he had before his season ending injury.

Both of those concussions get overlooked, but they are concerning to me. Mostly for the fact they came so close together, 3 weeks IIRC.
  14. dalexa1824

dalexa1824 Member

95 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Boykin is what we call a "football player" Little guy with a big heart and plays beyond his measureables. I hope we get him.
  15. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,213 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    This looks very splashy with the three big FA signings. But what about ILB and safety? It looks like this leaves us really thin in both positions. Elam gone and no replacement (Church?) And Lee, an untested Carter and a 6th round pick at ILB.

I like a lot of it. But I'd save some of the money from one of the big FA's and shore up ILB and safety.
  16. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,303 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    I like this mock, but I don't think Broyles will make it to the 6th. If we got him there, he would be the steal of the draft.
  17. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chuckle... it would have been OK to mention my name, bud...
  18. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Groooooaaaannnnn...

It's gonna take a lotta Hail Marys to atone for that sin...
  19. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

1,823 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    WOW!!! Having a problem with anything in this offseason is mere nitpicking. The trenches would be impressive to say the least. The secondary would be improved as well with Carr and Hosley/Boykin/J.Norman.......I love this offseason.

Not sure it could or would happen BUT what if........